• 24 •

Hoshiko's POV

I ran back to mommy as soon as I told the kind ninja mommy is sick. I looked back to the kind ninja, who told me her name is Sakura, seeing her pretty pink hair flying around. I don't like the colour pink, but I like her hair because I've never seen anyone with pink hair, and it looks pretty on her. I wish I had pink hair.

We reached mommy's tent and ran inside. Mommy was lying on her back, my blanket was under her head. Sakura sat next to mommy and placed her hand on mommy's tummy, her hand started glowing green.

Mommy opened her eyes and looked at the ninja. "H-Hoshiko..." Mommy's voice was very soft.

"I'm here, mommy." I sat on the other side of mommy.

Mommy lifted her arm and touched my cheek with her hand. Her hand was shaking a bit, so I covered her hand with both my hands. Mommy looked at Sakura and started to cry softly.

"M-my baby... No..." Mommy cried, looking at her tummy.

I looked there too and saw some red liquid staining mommy's dress and forming a puddle below her.

Sakura's hand was still on mommy's tummy, maybe she didn't see the red liquid.

Mommy tried to stand up, but Sakura stopped her. "Wait, you didn't lose the baby, that was a fake miscarriage due to all the stress. You're still pretty weak, so I'm keeping the baby alive by pumping my chakra in it. Please don't move, or it won't work."

Mommy started crying again, but she was smiling too. I didn't really know what was going on, and I didn't know mommy had a baby in her. I just held mommy's hand tighter and gave mommy a small smile.

Sakura's POV

I was a bit puzzled when the little girl came to me and begged me to follow her. When she told me that her mother was very sick, I left the makeshift hospital and hurried behind her.

When I entered their tent, I thought she was dead, but I saw her chest rise and fall, so I quickly kneeled next to her and placed my hand on her stomach. I immediately sensed a small being in her, but I quickly realized that if I didn't do anything soon, the baby would die.

So I did the only thing I could think of; I pumped as much chakra as gently as I can in the baby, though it wasn't formed yet. Some blood came out soon after I started, but I didn't stop. I couldn't stop. That baby's life is in my hands now.

I won't let you die. I promise.

After I assured the woman, I kept on pumping chakra until I felt that the baby was safe. I decreased the flow of chakra until it was small enough to stop, I looked at the woman and gave her my brightest smile. "Your baby is safe. You need plenty of rest now."

"Thank you! Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!" The woman burst out, happy tears falling copiously from her eyes.

I smiled one more time, squeezed her hand and left the tent.

~~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~~

There! Akira's baby will be okay, yay!!

Feel free to vote, comment, share ♪