• 31 •

I would like to dedicate this chapter to Ms_Horrendous, it's thanks to her that I got a lot of followers and new readers these past few days. Go check out her books, in my opinion she's Wattpad's Horror Queen!

~~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~~

Hoshiko's POV

I woke up when I heard voices around me. When I opened my eyes, mommy was talking with the girl with pink hair who helped us.

“Mommy? Sakura?”

They looked at me and came closer. Mommy hugged me and I hissed in pain.

“Mommy, my tummy feels hot. Did I eat fire like a dragon?”

Mommy and Sakura laughed, then mommy answered me. “No, love. Sakura will explain why your tummy feels hot.”

Sakura stepped closer and crouched next to me while mommy left the tent. “Hoshiko, the warm feeling in your tummy is called chakra. It feels warm because it has never been used and controlled.”

“So I can become a ninja and protect mommy and my baby brother?”

“Yes, but only if you learn to control your chakra. You will have to wait for the Academy to be rebuilt so that you can become a kunoichi.”

“But I want to learn how to heal like you! Can you please be my teacher, Sakura?”

Sakura looked at me for a few minutes, then she sighed and closed her eyes.

“Okay, Hoshiko. You will become my apprentice. Just remember that medical ninjutsu needs a lot of practice and chakra control.”

“Yes, Sakura-sensei!” I jumped on her and hugged her tightly.

I am going to become a ninja and help people!

~•~

Isamu's POV

The journey back to Konoha was quiet, Hoshiko slept on my back throughout the whole way, being too exhausted to wake up and walk. I didn't initiate a conversation with Akira because I was still embarrassed by getting caught staring at her.

Now I was on a branch looking at the laboratory, waiting for the moon to be fully covered by the dark cloud passing in front of it.

When the moonlight dimmed, I stood up and performed the correct hand seals for the jutsu. I bit my left thumb to draw blood and drew a line on the branch in front of me, then I placed my left palm flat on the line, my right hand in the ram hand seal.

“Forbidden Technique: Ultimate Pulverization!” I felt all the chakra I took from Hoshiko and half of my chakra being sucked out of me, which hurt like hell.

For a whole minute nothing happened. Then a gut wrenching scream was heard from within the laboratory, followed by other screams and roars of pain.

The laboratory started disintegrating from the inside out at a very fast pace. The surrounding grass and trees started to disintegrate, the jutsu getting closer to me with each second ticking by. I was about to move back when the jutsu stopped as soon as it reached the line I drew with my blood.

I waited a few minutes to see if anything happened, then I threw a stick where the laboratory once was. When the stick didn't disintegrate, I understood that the line of blood was probably the key to stop the jutsu.

No wonder the scroll emphasized to draw the line and said to pay careful attention to stay behind the line at all times.

I looked at the desolated land in front of me where the laboratory once was. All that remained was a plain circular ground, no vegetation or any signs of life within the circle.

I've done it. I finally got my revenge. Why do I feel so empty? I should be happy that The Scientist is gone, but all I feel is emptiness in my heart.

“Was sacrificing all those innocent kids in there really worth it?” A voice asked in my head. The voice was familiar, but I couldn't remember who it belonged to.

“Sacrifices have to be made.”

Did your emotional and physical scars disappear with The Scientist?” The same voice asked.

“No.”

What is your purpose in life now?”

I had no answer for that.

What will I do now? Where will I go?

Look after Akira, Hoshiko and my unborn child, brother.” The voice said. Then I recognized who it belonged to. Ichiro.

“I will look after them for you, dear brother. I was not there for you when we were growing up, but I will be there for your family now that you are no longer here.”

My mind was set. I would go back to Konoha, register to become a shinobi there and take care of Akira, Hoshiko and the baby.

                  ~• The End •~

~~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~~

If you're looking for a horror story, check out REVENGE by MissAnita1 ! It only has a few chapters out, but the story is amazing so far!

The Author's Note will be posted later today 😊