Introduction & The Rules

No matter what your gender, age, race or religion is or how popular you are, do you write? If your answer is yes, then this is the contest for you. 

*We accept submissions in fanfiction, sci-fi, teen fiction, historical fiction, mystery/thriller, humor, LGBT, fantasy, poetry and short story. Submitted works must be in English and have at least 2 chapters (Prologue included) published in 2017 (It can be a one shot for short stories). We won't be accepting mature stories. If your story's genre ISN'T listed HERE, check our "Update" chapter to see what to do.

But why should you bother submitting your story here?

Good question. Well, we thought it would be nice if your story received some attention before Wattys2017. And we put some good prizes out there-you could gain some exposure and improve along the way. Lastly, "The Story of the Year"...  what writer doesn't want their story to gain that title? 

If we were able to convince you, let us tell you how this works. 

Each category has from 1 to 3 judges (this changes by our guesses in how many submissions there'll be based on genre's popularity) and every judge has a prize to offer and some of them ask for a payment (a comment on their story, a follow, etc.). In case any other judge joins us on demand, only the ones who submit their forms after they come have to complete their payments.

You have to complete the payment(s) of the judge(s) that you submit your story to, before you click that "Send" button in the comments section. Or else, your submission will be denied. Undoing payments result in receiving a warning and if you don't fix it, disqualification. And I think it would be quite ridiculous for me to remind you that your submissions must be your original work.

We will be taking submissions in the entire month of May and the first judging process will be between 1-21 June. This is when there will be selected one winner from each category. They will be category winners and will compete to win The Story of the Year award. 

The second (and the last) judging process will be in the last week of June and will be made by me, wildspirit44 . There might be minor changes in the date, sorry for the inconvenience beforehand.

What are the prizes?

Every participant can put on the contest sash made by our lovely judge, TTBMBFF .

Category winners (Runner ups) get a sticker and receive the prizes that their category's judge(s) offer.

The overall winner (The Story of the Year award) gets a specially designed sticker and ALL the prizes that EVERY judge offers.*

*Excluding some prizes that are specifically for category winners. In that case, the overall winner gets prize specifically for them.

Isn't that nice? Now, time to meet our judges!

Fantasy

sandydragon1 Payment is critique on their book, Beastly Little Boy.  Prize is 10 chapter critiques for the category winner and a full book critique for the overall winner.

-S-N-O- No payment. Good amount of reviews on winners' books and a spot in their bookclub.

LGBT

-girlsandgirls Optional: A quick read of their story. Category winner gets a bunch of comments and overall winner gets a bunch of comments, a follow and a critique.

zeewritesalot Payment is a follow and a +3 line comment on her upcoming text story. Winners get a follow and comments.

Short Story

FlightlessTales Payment is an honest comment on one of her stories in her short story collection. Ten honest comments for the overall winner and an in-depth critique for the category winner will be offered by them.

Science Fiction

camicat35 Payment is a shoutout of their story/profile. Winners receive a review of their book and are added to their reading list.

alrains Winner gets a shoutout on their profile.

Vampire/Werewolf

onekick Payment is a +3 line comment on their story. Winners receive a shoutout, have their stories in their reading list and and a review.

EleanorDart Payment is a follow and comments. Winners get their stories added to their "Favorite Books" list, a follow and reviews throughout the book.

Humor

Seluke33 Payment could be reviews or a follow. Winners get a Story Editing Session in a work of their choice!

Mystery/Thriller

ForeverAnon A few reads on their story as payment. Winner gets critiques on the first few chapters of their book and a shoutout.

Poetry

xx_fools Payment is a permanent follow. Winner gets a permanent follow, an in-depth critique and putting their work on their reading list.

Historical Fiction

ForeverAnon The same payment and prize as Mystery/Thriller.

Romance 

thecreator12 Payment is a follow and/or an honest comment on one of their stories. Winners get a follow and a character interview.

midnight-craze No payment. Winners receive a shoutout on their bio and get their work pinned in their twitter bio for a month.

Fanfiction

tropicalshower No payment. Winners get a shoutout, free plugs on their story for every chapter and broadcasting the winners on their social media sites.

wildspirit44 Payment is a +2 line comment on The Smartass. Winners get a shoutout, a dedication in Forget Me Never and a critique.

amns22 Payment is a follow and a comment on The Unrevealed Truths. Overall winner gets a review of an optional book and will be added to their reading list. Category winner will get a book review and a few critiques.

Teen Fiction

krayson Payment is a follow. Winners get an overall book critique.

newbubble Payment is a follow. Winners receive a shoutout, will be added in her reading list and a review.

TTBMBFF Payment is a follow. Winners get a review on any of their books.