How To Boost Your Chances of Winning

Sash for every contestant to put on, made by TTBMBFF !

*Unfortunately, people judge the books by their cover: Why you? You have to make people want to read. A catchy title, an appealing cover and a summary to show your story's strengths are not only essential for this contest, but to get more readers.

*Don't be afraid of your mistakes: Ask for critiques and editors in Improve Your Writing club, reread your chapters, you can do what it takes to polish your story to reach it's true potential.

*Golden rule of writing, "Don't tell, show." : Directly telling will make your story seem dull. If you can neatly place the details in events, your story shall be a success. For example:

I am an ugly girl with golden hair and ocean blue eyes. (This is telling and it's an annoying cliché)

As he was falling, he thought of Sarah: her strawberry scent, her mesmerizing blue eyes... He had been a lucky man. (This is showing)

*Your characters can and SHOULD have flaws: No one is perfect. Creating impossibly perfect characters only make your story less relatable and that's a major put-off for readers. For example:

Hi! I am Mary Sue. All the guys chase me but my boyfriend is a werewolf. All the girls hate me because of my undeniable charm but I kill them with kindness because of the lady I am, I also am very humble and I never do gross things like snorting, sneezing or farting like you normal humans. (This was a TORTURE to write and to read, also being ridiculously unreal.)

"I am really sorry Charlie, I was just so jealous. I don't even know why I have this insecurity around you since you are the one who has done nothing but love me and support me." (See, this is alright. Everybody makes mistakes.)

I hope this was helpful and good luck!

******

To know more in detail, check out our another book.