Chapter 15

A/N   Happy Friday everyone! Have a fabulous weekend and hope you enjoy this chapter :) 

***

'I don't think we're in Camelot any more,' Rose looked out of the window.

They were locked in an attic in a house on a busy street. From their window they could see people hurrying to and fro and stall owners crying out their wares.

Rose guessed from the clothes that everyone was wearing that they were probably in the 1700s or 1800s.

'What do you think's going happen?' Rose turned to look at Oliver. They had tried the door and found it firmly locked.

'Don't know,' Oliver rattled the door handle one last time and gave up.

They decided to change back into their clothes from Camelot because it wouldn't make them stand out in a crowd so much – it was more similar to what people in the street were wearing. Even with their cloaks around them, it was still cold in the attic room so Rose had put on her jodhpurs from the 21st century on under her dress as well as her jumper. With her cloak on top of that, she was definitely warming up. Oliver had followed her example and layered up too.

'The wizard obviously wanted Tom, not us,' said Rose. 'So maybe he'll just let us go?'

She and Oliver sat down against the wall, huddling together for warmth. It was getting dark outside and the light in their room was fading.

'But how would we get home?' asked Oliver. 'We don't have magic to open the time-door-thing in the stone circle and,' he paused. 'Don't you think we'd be more useful as hostages to him?'

'But that's assuming that Tom knows where we are...'

***

'I don't know where they are,' Tom sat at a table in the royal apartments with his head in his hands.

'Well, find a way!' snarled Will, who was pacing up and down, occasionally aiming a kick at any furniture that got in his way.

'Calm down,' said Storm firmly. 'We will think of a way, but you're no help to anyone in that mood.'

'Rose could be anywhere!' Will shouted. 'You don't understand, she's like a sister to me and if she's hurt...' he trailed off.

'I said we will find them,' said Storm steadily. She steered Will out of the room and set off with him down the corridor, still speaking in a calm and steady voice:

'Gaius is looking through his books for a tracking spell now, the king and queen are helping him, Merlin and Torrent have gone to look for any clues back at the circle and you can come with me to the library and search through the magic books there.'

Will ground his teeth together but followed Storm into the thankfully empty library, picked out several books at random, slammed them down on the table and began to turn the pages viciously.

He looked up when Storm removed the books from him and took hold of his shoulders.

'Will,' she said. 'I promise you we will find them and that they will be alright. If it's any consolation, the wizard will not want them hurt or dead, because he will soon discover that he does not have Tom and will want to keep them as hostages. I know you're scared for them but the only thing you can do to help them is keep calm and help us look for a tracking spell.'

Will calmed himself down and apologised sheepishly. Storm rolled her eyes and gave him a book to search.

***