Chapter 18 Finding Home

The transformation that I gained was a strong one. It never went away, but the aura returned to normal at least. That day we had the most amount of casualties than in any other battle.

Since the war was over and there was nothing else to do all of us headed back towards Mare. I was going back to the city that I started in. It took about 1 month before we got to Mare.

It was a sight for sore eyes. Even the university was something that I missed. We found the place that I had stayed in before I went on my journey.

Thankfully I still had time to open the door and walk in. All of the others followed. The place looked almost completely different.

It had many more rooms and features than I remembered. There was something that didn't change how ever. Food and money were on the table.

It was enough food to feed us all for weeks. Thankfully the food was all fresh. The next day we decided that the house should turn into our new dragon slayer guild, since the old one was mostly in ruins.

We put a new sign on the building that read out "Dragon Slayers: Same old guild, different location". My mom and dad took the portal to the other world a few days before I did. Before I took the portal home I had to ask myself one question.

"Where should my home be, should it be the world I was born in, or the one that I was meant to have." It would have been a harder choice if I didn't know that I could just come and go as I pleased. I had an answer to my question.

I would make both places my home. I would stay on earth until the Earth me would catch up to the Thera me in age. Then I would split my days between Earth, and Thera. The plan would work because no time passes in between the worlds as I had seen before.

I went through the portal and my uncle followed. My mom and dad were both back at their vacation and we were back at the house. I was younger, weaker. and smaller in this body so I had to adjust back to my Earth body.

All of the things changed to there objects again, but since I had the gun with me I saw it change into something new. I didn't even know what it was it just looked like a black ruler with no numbers on it. I put it in the jewelry case in the guest bedroom before I went to my own.

It was late and I was already kind of tired from it being sort of late over in Thera. I went over to my room and went straight to bed. My parents came back from their trip on time and my uncle left.

That was the last time for a while that I would him in either world. I was over in Thera for just under 11 months. I had to wait that long to go back.

Meanwhile school was about to start and my birthday was a week before it started. I was already starting to miss Thera, but who wouldn't miss a place of your dreams. My only regret from all of my time in Thera was that I couldn't show Owa and Byto my world.

I have one more story about Thera, but that is for another time. I look forward to telling you it. Please come back soon and I will tell it to you.