1

"How's test person 023 doing?" asks Mr. Spark to one of the scientists.

"Doing well. This morning we gave her the first meal. She took 8 minutes to eat. Same happened to the rats with the same effect with the same results," the scientist replies.

"Great. So she wants more?" Mr. Spark asks.

"Yes sir," the Scientist replies, "Sir, Are you sure you want to put this to production?"

"We carry on till the end." Mr. Spark replies, setting an evil grin on his face.

"What about the increasing of weight? The rats can't even walk," the scientist replies.

"We can only earn more money that way," Mr. Spark replies, "You see, Frederick...more people craving means more people buying; more people buying means we all get filthy rich."

"I know, sir. But isn't it a bad thing that people will gain weight? There is a structure, sir. Every 3 hours they 'blob'-up and in less than a second they get bigger. It happened to the rats also," the scientist says.

"The world wouldn't notice. Experiment 023 doesn't realize she's gained," Mr. Spark replies.

"Sir. Please watch. About 2 minutes from now, she will have her 'blob'-moment," the scientist replies.

"I'll watch," Mr. Spark replies irritably. The scientist, Frederick, could see he wouldn't be likely to change his mind. "Wasn't it the rats that grew every 3 hours and with every 12 and 24 hours an extra expansion?" he asks his nephew, trying to pretend he cared.

"Yes sir," Frederick says, "The rats are still alive and still craving."

"Good," Mr. Spark replies. He looks to his left and sees the cage with the rats; the rats are big. They can't walk but keep eating the powder. "How long have said rats they been alive?" he asks, turning back to Frederick.

"18 days. They reached a weight of 26 kilograms or 57.32 pounds in average. They started at a weight of 8 kilograms or 17.637 pounds in average. It turns out that with CurPowder they can survive their size," Frederick replies; he suddenly turns his attention back to the girl inside the glass room, "Sir, please take a look at Experiment 023. It's time for her to blob."

Mr. Spark looks over at Experiment 023; it's a underweight naked girl, her name is Amy, but no one bothers to call her that (except Frederick when he's taking care of her alone when the shade is down and the speakers are off). In a second, they see her stomach grow a little.

"According to my calculations," Frederick paused, tapping a few things into the tablet at his desk, "she must have just gone from 45.03 kg or 99.27 pounds to 45.17 kg or 99.58 pounds."

"What is your calculations based on?" Mr. Spark asks.

"She gains 0.3% of her body weight every 3 hours," Frederick explains.

"So 0.1% each hour?" Mr. Spark asks.

"No, sir. The mass produces suddenly after 3 hours when the 0.3% comes. Same story for the 12 and 24-hour blob-moments. If we calculate for the 12-hour blob: the 3-hour blob will happen again, and then the 12-hour blob happens, which is 4 times the 0.3%. Therefore at the 24 hour blob, the 3-hour blob happens first, and then the 12-hour blob happens, and after those happen, then the 24-hour blob proceeds to happen which is 8 times  the 0.3%. All suddenly," Frederick says as if it's perfectly common sense and easy to understand.

"Alright then..." Mr. Spark was slightly confused as he was not a mathematician, nor was he goid with the subject,"Just, ah, just keep track on Experiment 023 and inform me whenever there is something new," Mr. Spark answers.

"Oh, sir, there's this one last thing. We noticed also that she gains weight when she eats the powder. Like what happened to the rats but on a lower scale," Frederick adds.

"Explain," Mr. Spark answers. Frederick pulls up a table on his computer at his desk.

"This top formula was for the rats, and this bottom one is for humans," Frederick shows him the formulas.

"You see, sir, the rats had 0.08%, and the human experiment has 0.05%," Frederick enlightens his obviously bewildered Uncle.

"I see," Mr. Spark replies, clasping his hands behind his back, "Well I have lots of things to do. So go back on work."

"Yes sir," Frederick sighs and goes back to monitoring Amy.