Chapter Three~Lying

I wasn't exactly sure how to get around the whole situation of liking another female. It was odd, the whole predicament.

It continued on, just observing her went on and on and on, and then the next game came.

We were wearing my personal favorite uniform. They had sparkly red and black with a stripe of white down the left side. The rough material clinged to my curves in a very flattering way, and with my makeup in place, my hair on top of my head, and the pretty, fake smile on my face, I felt beautiful.

It felt good to be someone else. Someone I wasn't. Don't ask me why, I could never answer that correctly.

"Anna!" I turned, it was my coach.

"Yes, coach?"

"Look, Varsity is out for comp. so I want you and the other JV girls to line up for the Varsity games."

"What about JV?" I asked, my heart pounded in my chest.

"Our school is represented by Varsity and I would prefer they have cheerleaders rather than JV."

I was so nervous as I called the girls in, "Alright, Ladies!" seven heads turned in unison, "Bring it in."

I explained the situation and the girls looked excited and nervous all at once, "We're good ladies, dont get me wrong, but tonight, we have to be great," I knew I was being firmer than I would be if I didnt have a crush on someone on Varsity. Varsity girls at that.

"Alright, hands in," I felt my stomach bubble, "Devils on three, Devils on me. 1 2 3,"

"DEVILS!"

The seven girls split and moved to their positions beside the Varsity court.

The annoucer came on and we spirited out to bring the girls in for the game and then the National Anthem was sung and then we hustled back to our spots.

"T-I-P-I-T," Pause, "Tip," Pause, "That," Pause, "Ball," Clap.

The girls repeated the chant three times and then came the tip, 'Nessa was in for the Devils, being the tallest, and her and the Everest girl went up, and we, of course, got the ball.

"Woo! Good job, Vanessa!" She turned and looked right at me. My stomache fell and in that moment she looked shocked, probably that I knew her name, but she smirked and nodded her head at me, and ran right back into the game.

The entire game, I was lost, I couldn't help but stare. She was a goddess. The entire game, my head was fuzzy, I called out cheers that I wasn't even sure if was doing the motions right, but I called them anyways because they were cheers and I was a cheerleader and that's what I was supposed to do.

When the game ended, I found Trent whose game had ended five minutes prior to the Varsity game, I only had twenty minutes before the boys Varsity was due to start.

Trent was being all cute, but I really didn't want him touching me, "Babe, I love you," he said, his hands around my waist.

"Yeah, I love you too, give me a minute, yeah?" I said this irratably.

"Damn, don't have to be such a bitch." He mumbled putting his hands up in an 'I surrender' kind of stance and walking away towards his team mates.

I huffed and began to walk outside, but through the glass doors I saw Kiesha and Vanessa out by the railing. Vanessa had her hands around the shorter girl's waist and their forheads were pressed together in affection. I wished in that moment that I was Kiesha. That Vanessa's warm, loving hands were around my waist or her soft, sultry voice was in my ear.

I shook my head, get it together Anna. When I looked up a car pulled up and Kiesha and 'Nessa kissed and Kiesha ran off to get in the car. Vanessa sat on he stairs. I still needed fresh air. I walked outside.

I watchd Vanessa out of the corner of my eye and she hadn't heard me yet, but when the door closed she jumped, startled.

"Sorry," I said, too quickly, my voice sounded higher than normal.

"Oh, no, it's okay," it was the first time she had talked to me.

The silence stretched on and I didn't know what to say, but when I figured she might be leaving soon, I said, "You and your girlfriend are really cute together."

She looked up and smiled at me, "Thanks,"

"I mean I was watching you guys just now, wait," That sounded majorly creepy, "Not that I was watching watching you, I just saw you through the doors and I didn't want to come out so I watched, well more like saw, I wasn't staring or anything- I just- it's just- you guys are really cute together."

She was smirking now, "Thanks," she said again, "You okay?" I couldn't tell if she was really concerned or just picking fun at me. I was trying not to shake.

"Y-Yeah, I just- it's you're really good at basketball," I mentally facepalmed.

Vanessa chuckled under her breath, "Thanks, kid."

Kid? Did she really just call me kid? I laughed half-heartedly and continued talking when I really should have stopped, "Yeah, it was cool cheering for you guys."

"Yeah?" She looked me over, I got chills, "I always thought cheerleaders were annoying." My stomach dropped, I was silent, "I guess it was just Varsity,"

My heart leaped as a car pulled up to the front and she grabbed her bag off the stairs, "That's my ride, see ya...-" she looked expectantly at me.

"Huh? Oh! My name! Anna. My name is Anna."

"Just Anna?"

"Well, Annabella but-"

"Annabella. I like that." She smiled one more time before hopping into the passenger seat of the car and it sped off.

Annabella. I like that.

She liked my name. But maybe she thought I was just some cute kid. My head was playing out wild fantasies, each more unlikely than the next, but my heart was pounding, and that was more real than anything is ever felt with anyone. Including Trent.

Annabella. I like that.