Chapter 17

2 Months later

Quinton

It took us damn near three months to find out all we needed to know to track and figure out how Diablo operates. If there is one thing that I learned its that he may look like he runs a tight ship but his people are sloppy. We located all his warehouses, all the houses he owns within the area and even all the 'businesses' he set up to make his money look clean. We got a hold of all the blueprints and know all the ways to enter his buildings and not be seen or heard until we want to be. We were gunna invade all his locations within the next week. All my people were ready. I passed by Deandre, Ra'Quan, Ryda and the rest of my boys checking all the guns, making sure we had enough amo, checking to see how they fired and which ones were the best to use. This was a mission that none of us wanted to fail or could risk failing. One wrong move and everything could be blown to shit. Triana was determined to find the people who shot her and trust and believe we were gunna find them too. The fireball she was already did her own research. The gang who had particpated in shooting her had been making a lot of noise on the street trying to get known, trying to take over my terriotory. I wasn't having it.

"Yo we gotta use these bruh!" Ryda said referring to one of the newest guns we just had shipped in. I laughed at him and shook my head. Ryda only chooses and uses big ass guns for assignments like this.

"The Baretta ARX is a nice piece. It's light and shoots fast. It could work. Put that on the list and keep in mind that that will be your own personal weapon. I ain't tryna be lugging around a bunch of heavy machinary." I told him. He nodded his head and had a huge grin on his face.

"Don't mind if I do." He responded before walking away. I continued my walk around the warehouse checking on everybody making sure they knew the plan from front to back. I made my way into the basement to find Triana going ham on the punching dummy we had down here. I stayed concealed behind the wall watching her do many roundhouse kicks and landing numerous uppercuts and elbows into the dummies face. She moved with precision and like a woman who possesed skill and a lot of motivation. Sweat trickled down her face and her breathing was ragged. I gave her so much credit for overcoming everything that she has been faced with and still wanting to go out and kick some ass. Made me proud as her older brother. She never gave up.

Triana

My lungs felt like they were about to explode as my heart hammered against my ribcage. I kept swininging and kicking at the stupid dummy invisioning the guy who shot me. I wanted people to bleed, I wanted to permantely hurt someone. A part of me felt as if it wasn't in my nature to want to cause harm but then I thought about how cruel this world was and realized people need to be cruel sometimes and if that's what I needed to do to ease some the pain away then that's exactly what I will do. Another kick and another punch landed to the side of the dummy's face and I felt a little bit of satisfaction. A small grin crept up onto my face.

"If I didn't know you any better I would have thought you were and evil bitch the way you just grinned like you did." I heard a voice say. I turned around to face my brother Quinton. I chuckled my breathing still fast.

"I'm not evil. Just had a nice thought." I responded to him. He studied me for a minute before he leaned against the concrete wall in the basement.

"How are you holding up?" He asked.

"I'm good. You're asking questions as if I don't live with you and you don't see me everyday." I said to him. I walked and picked up the face towel and the bottle of water I had sitting on a chair.

"You're right. You've toned up though which is good to see. Gained quiet a bit of muscle too. Curtesy of the gym I see." He said.

"Yeup, curtesy of hitting the gym. I didn't think hitting the gym would be so liberating, but it is. Takes my mind off a lot yuh know." He nodded his head in understanding.