Part Three

Elena moved into a different position, with her feet out in front of her.

"The day I was taken, as I said, I was twelve. I was in the front yard kicking a soccer ball around with Olivia. Livy kicked the ball to hard and it went rolling down the street we ran after it. When we retrieved the ball. There was a big van parked in front of Olivia's house. We ignored it and continued playing. The window of the van rolled down and a mans head poked out. I remember him saying hey, and asking if we wanted to go to the park. Scared, we both went to go inside but he had gotten out of his truck and beat us to the door. He grabbed both of our arms and pulled us to his van throwing us in the back and slamming the door. I don't remember if we screamed, it all happened very quick."

Elena shifted uncomfortably.

"We didn't say anything the whole ride, out of fear I suppose? Olivia grabbed my hand as the van came to a hard stop and the man got out.
We sat there for a long time. Livy tried to open the door and bang on the side of the truck but no one came and the door didn't budge."

I looked at Elena and asked if I should stop but she just sat there so I continued.

"Both of the door flew open and the man reached in grabbing Olivia. I tried to pull her back but he was to strong. He slammed the doors and left me there alone. He was gone for a long time, I decided that when he came back I was going to jump out and attack him and run. I decided that I would stand by the door and when he opened them I would push him over and run as fast as I could. But he was expecting that. I stood by the door and when he opened them I did jump and a did knock him over, but as I was about to run he grabbed my ankle and I fell cutting my arms on the gravel road. He forced me up, dragging me by my blood arms. I remember him taking a minute to open the door. I tried pulling away but as I did his grip got tighter, then the door opened."

I stood up getting up on my bed where it was more comfortable. Elena followed sitting at the foot of my bed.