Part Eight

"It was a boy. Brad told me I could name him so I named him Bailey after a dog I had when I was younger. After I had Bailey, Brad made me go back to the basement. Olivia got very excited when she seen me."

"What happened to Bailey?"

"He took him. I was back to being locked in my cage all day long and back to cheese sandwiches. I never saw him again."

"Talia, I'm so sorry"

I didn't respond. I just wanted to finish with my story.

"After he took Bailey from me I stopped eating and I was getting really sad. Olivia tried to be there for me and she tried to talk to me but I just wanted to sleep. I just wanted to be alone. I just wanted to die. I began fighting the cage. I would punch it and kick it and try to break it in any way I could but it wouldn't budge. All I wanted was to see Bailey. But every time I asked Brad would yell at me. After that I stopped eating in general. He would have to force the food down my throat and when I was out of the cage I would fight him and fight going back in the cage. I needed to see my baby.

A tear slid from Elena's face. I ignored it.

"After that I stopped trying. I knew it had been years since I got here and I knew I wasn't going To ever go home. I was tired of fighting so I obeyed everything Brad told me to do. I felt dead inside for a long long time. It wasn't until one day that my light was rekindled."

Elena looked sleepy.

"I could finish in the morning if you would like to sleep."

She shook her head no, so I continued.

"Brad opened the door and came down the steps smiling. He had our meals and asked how we were today. Neither of of replied. His mood quickly changed he began getting angry screaming that we didn't appreciate him and he dropped out plates on the ground. They shattered. I almost broke my hand trying to fit it threw the small bars of the cage but I succeeded and I grabbed a sharp piece of the broken plate. My plan was to kill him..."