Brynjolf x Reader

As I arrived back home to Riften, I couldn't wait to lie down in my bed and just sleep. I had just fought off a dragon, two trolls, and two bandit ambushes. By the Nine, I was absolutely exhausted. I unlocked the door to my home, Honeyside, and walked in. I walked into my bedroom and heard soft, quiet footsteps. I took out my dagger and walked quietly through the house.

"Who's there?" I called out to gods knew who. My heart was racing as adrenaline and fear rushed through my veins. As I climbed the stairs down to my basement, I froze; the footsteps were closer. I turned around and felt a hand in my satchel. I whipped around and slammed a man against the wall, pressing my dagger against his throat.

"Who are you?!" I demanded. "What are you doing in my home?! Answer me!" He flashed me a smile.

"Just lookin' for some coin, lass." He said. "Lower your dagger, if you know what's good for you." I cocked an eyebrow and pressed my dagger further into his neck, drawing a little bit of blood.

"Oh, is that a threat?" I asked. He cocked his eyebrow as well.

"Aye, only if you want it to be." He said, earning a very confused face from me. In my confusion, he managed to switch up our positions and steal my dagger in the process, all in one swift movement.

"You need to leave." I said sharply. He chuckled.

"Who has the power now, lass?" He asked, wiggling his - my - dagger on my throat. "I suggest you give me what I want. I don't want to kill you, that's not how I do things."

"You're not getting shit from me, thief." I spat in his face and he laughed.

"You've got some fire in you." He whispered, stepping away from me slightly. "I like that." I rolled my eyes.

"I've taken down five dragons." I scoffed. "I can take down a lowlife thief."

"Lowlife?" He chuckled. "Do you know who I am, lass?"

"Am I supposed to?" I retorted with a smirk.

"Well then, allow me to introduce myself, lass." He said softly. "My name is Brynjolf. May I ask yours?"

"I am the Jarl's Thane." I hissed. "I can have you arrested with the snap of my fing-"

"But that's not the answer to the question I asked, my Thane." He mocked. "Now tell me, lass. What is your name?" I sighed in defeat.

"My name is (y/n)." I answered with a roll of my eyes.

"Mm, lovely name for a lovely girl, eh?" He purred. I groaned in disgust as I pushed him away.

"I don't know who you think you are, or who you think I am, but your pathetic charm won't work on me." He smiled at me as he turned to walk away and, hopefully, out of my house.

"We'll see, lass." He whispered. "We'll see." And with that, he was gone. I signed and walked upstairs into my room. I may had lied a tiny bit - his charm worked a little. As I locked my door and crawled into bed, I blew out my candle. I fell asleep without another thought on the matter.