Ralof x Reader

My brother-in-arms, Ralof, and I were sent with the others to clear out a fort and take it over. It sounded easy enough, and with Ralof at my side, I knew anything was possible. We truly made quite the team. We had been best friends ever since I joined the rebellion.

Once we arrived at the camp, we hid behind a large boulder. Ralof looked at me and the others and flashed a quick smile at me before speaking.

"Alright, so this place is swarming with those damned imperials." He said. "We may lose some of you. But it will not be in vain. Some of you will die with honor in your hearts. For Skyrim!" At that, we charged into fort, weapons at the ready, and took down any imperials who got in our way. As usual, I was chopping them down as fast as they came. Until I got to a particularly difficult soldier. I stared at him as I recognized him from Helgen.

"I'm so sorry, Hadvar." I said sincerely before stabbing him through the heart with my sword. I pulled it out and shed some tears for my old friend. I rested a hand on him as he laid dead on the snow-covered ground. "We'll meet again in Sovngarde, my friend." I whispered before standing again. I turned around to fight some more, but a sword pierced through my armor and into my abdomen. I froze and coughed up some blood. Ralof looked over and ran to me, chopping down the soldier who stabbed me. He caught me as I fell and the rest of the soldiers were taken down by our brothers and sisters. Ralof held me close as I grew colder.

"Oh gods, (y/n)." He sobbed. "I'm so sorry!" I placed a cold hand on his stubbled cheek.

"R-Ralof." I said weakly. "Get me back to Windhelm." I coughed up a little more blood.

"You-you won't make it!" He cried.

"Y-yes, I will, Ralof." I said with a weak smile. "Have faith in the Divines." He smiled softly. Everything faded in my vision and I felt cold as the blood left my body.

I swore I heard Ralof say, "I love you, (y/n)." But that couldn't be possible... could it?

*three days later*

I found myself waking up, but I couldn't move, nor could I open my eyes. I could only breathe and lie there like a useless rock. However, I heard voices nearby.

"Do you think she'll ever wake up?" I heard a voice ask, no doubt it was Ralof's. I wanted to smile.

"I don't know." I heard a deeper voice, and I immediately knew it was Jarl Ulfric. I felt a hand on my chest and then a relieved sigh. "She's breathing, so we know she's alive."

"Thank the Divines." Ralof whispered. "I thought I- I mean we lost her." I returned back to my unconscious state and later woke up fully. I slowly opened my eyes to see Ralof asleep beside me. I looked around to see I was in Jarl Ulfric's quarters. I looked back towards Ralof and smiled weakly. I placed my hand on his and his head lifted up slowly. He looked at my hand groggily, and then up at me. He fully woke up when he realized I was awake.

"(Y/n)!" He exclaimed happily. "Oh gods, you're alive!" He grabbed my face and kissed my lips passionately, leaving me confused and surprised.

"Uh, Ralof.." I said as he pulled away. His cheeks flushed a deep red as he sat back down.

"I-I'm sorry." He said, clearing his throat. "I-I just-"

"It's ok, Ralof." I smiled. "I love you too, by the way." His cheeks became even more red with my words. I pulled him back to me so I could kiss him again.

"I'm so happy you're ok." He said with tears in his eyes. "I thought I lost you." I smiled.

"You saved me." I whispered before kissing him again.

"Well, I did say I owed you my life for getting me out of Helgen alive." He said, causing me to giggle.

"That's true." I sighed. He smiled warmly as he stared into my eyes.

"I love you." He breathed.

"I love you too, Ralof." I replied softly.