Epilogue: Feels Like Forever

Say, you're okay, I'm afraid that tomorrow is just too far

Away, fight the pain, it just feels like forever

Is crashing down on me.

Charlie didn't show up to the park that day, or yesterday. It seems he might be more talk than one would think.

Brian quit the In-Between, yesterday, though. It was the first day he had a choice. Dave was so sad at being partnerless, but a whole 2 minutes later, Michael popped in and signed up. I feel like nervous and bashful Michael would get along well with nervous and panicky Dave, and they don't show any signs of clashing, sitting there happily.

It's weird. It doesn't feel real, still. It's hard to think that I made a friend. Not just a friend, now. I have a freakin' boyfriend. And it's because things happened the way they did. If I wasn't a 'problematic kid', I wouldn't have met this cinnamon roll, I wouldn't have met Michael, and I wouldn't know that things get better. Because, yeah, my problems and Cam's problems aren't gone; Charlie and the Lovely Angels™ still cause problems, and they might not stop anytime soon, but life had a funny way of working out. I'm not alone anymore, and I swear there's no better feeling.

And Cam just yelled at me for using two different song references, from two different bands, in the same sentence. Oh well. I'll leave you with this one:

Up on the mountain, I see down below, It's easy to lose yourself, I know

Can't hear what you're shouting, I'm deaf to your show, It's easy to lose your self-control

Everybody gets high, everybody gets low, life can be such overdose

Up on the mountain, I see down below, it's easy to lose yourself, I know

In the in between.

Oh. By the way, I should probably tell you, the story doesn't end here. But for now, goodbye. I'll see you soon!

The End

(to be continued)

(A/N): The sequel's already written, and if this story gets enough good feedback I'll post the sequel. Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed, and if you liked this, check out Unexpected Miracles by Luke Jace.