: quarte :

Giselle

Music played from my new phone to my ears, my eyes watching the clouds fly past. I sigh, wondering what Nate is probably doing right now. I touch the slight bulge in my stomach, taking another deep breath.

This is for the better. This is for the baby.

I remind myself over again that what I'm doing is alright, and it benefits the baby.

Nate

"When was the last time you saw her?" One of the officers questions, as I pace the room.

Giselle's parents sit together on the love seat crying their eyes out; some of my friends and Giselle's friends sit on the couch and on the floor, their faces full of worry. Each of them answer but me, my mind running all over the place.

"Sir, when was the last time you saw Giselle?" The officer repeats, her eyes steady on me.

"At my house last night. She was spending the night, but once I woke up this morning she wasn't there. I came over here to see if she was here, and come to find out she wasn't." I answer, finally standing in one place.

"Alright. We'll getting a search team together and find her as quickly as possible. But is there any possibility that this was a runaway?" The other officer speaks up, me looking up to glare at him.

"The fuck did you just say?" I spat, walking toward him.

Sammy and Gilinsky quickly hold me back, but I'm still riled up.

"I'm just saying this may be a possible runaway case, because a lot of people say someone is missing, and the person just ran away for some reason." The officer tries to explain himself but I'm not hearing it.

"Why would she run away? She has supportive parents, a loving boyfriend, friends to lean on when it gets tough. Hell, she was even accepted to some of the top schools of the got damn country! But she ran away? I'm not buying it." Her friend, Alessandra says angrily.

"Calm down, okay?" Jada, Giselle's other friend whispers to Alessandra

After the officers say they're gonna be in contact with us, they leave, also leaving a painful silence in the room

After the officers say they're gonna be in contact with us, they leave, also leaving a painful silence in the room. A tear drops down my face, a result of my mind thinking of the worse. Hailee, a friend of both Giselle and I, comes towards me to give me a hug.

"She'll be okay, she's a smart girl

"She'll be okay, she's a smart girl." She whispers.