The Sweet Aroma of Love

A/N: Hello everyone, this was a tribute to Mayura's birthday and Valentine's Day and is the second spin-off One-Shot of "The Purity Of White Seems To Be Red". Have fun reading!

Her grip on the box tightened. Mayura was nervous. With a glance on the clock at her wrist she confirmed that only two minutes had rolled by since she sat down and waited. He was supposed to be here any minute. They had said three past midday, hadn't they?

She glanced at the box in her hands. She hoped he would like it. She had worked for hours split on two days at its content, experimenting on the perfect blend between dark and milk chocolate, weighing the portions, making notes, melting the various mixtures slowly and carefully and testing the results after they cooled off. Finally she had been satisfied with one blend, the chocolate still being creamy but not too sweet nor too bitter, the aroma of cocoa melting on her tongue. She'd copied the mixture again being more careful about melting it this time before pouring it smoothly into a heart-shaped form. Then she had waited for hours until she was save to turn the form and took a large chocolate heart out of it. Luckily there were no air holes or any other kind of defects on the heart. It was nicely formed and shone due to the large share of cocoa butter.

Very tidily she had wrapped up the rectangular box she put the chocolate heart into and worked on a flawless bow. When she was finished she smiled at the result and left to change into warm clothes. It was still winter outside.

Smiling and humming she had imitated the neatness in which she'd handled the chocolate earlier while putting on her clothes. She knew he wouldn't mind her not looking dressed to the nines, he wouldn't mind if there was an air bubble in the chocolate or if the box she wrapped it in had a bend. She knew he would eat chocolate in every form and shape. But she wanted this special date on this special day to be perfect.

Now she sat on a bench in the park they usually met at, not far from the place where they had shared their first laughter sitting on his spread out jacket. Her heart fluttered at the memory as she looked at the spot on the grass and she forgot to feel nervous about handing him the box.

The sound of his dark voice laughing in honesty ringing to her ear for the first time was one of her favorite memories. The last few months they had created a lot of them but that one would always be burned to her heart. She hadn't known then but this park had been very special to him when he was younger, a boy who just lost his father. Little by little they built a whole set of new memories, good memories and happy ones in this park where he once had cried bitter tears. She loved the idea of helping him coating his grief with cheerful memories.

Suddenly her sight was blocked by a dark, zipped up jacket and brown trousers with a hand stuffed into one of its pockets. She rose her head and was welcomed by the sight of Shimon holding a large, wrapped-up box in one hand and a backpack dangling from one strap on his shoulder, presenting the image of a cool, laid-back guy. Warmth spread through her body and she felt her heart making a jump. He was handsome indeed.

She smiled at his image. Sometimes she would still wonder at the funny sight of them together. With her wearing a cute light blue jacket with cords hanging in one straight line from it and a royal blue scarf wrapped around her neck and with him preferring muted and dark colors, while being dressed more like a punk.

A girl at school once told her, that everybody thought them to look cute and that they were considered to be the perfect couple with everyone being envious of their relationship. Mayura wasn't able to believe this, at least not with their public display. He seldom showed his affectionate side in public. But Mayura knew it was there. Since they started dating, she had discovered a sweet side of him that was reserved for her only. She preferred it this way. She loved the idea of having an exclusively insight of his private thoughts.