Much Ado About Something

A/N: Thanks to a request, I finished this before Chapter 16, which I'll update soon, too^^

You might wonder about the title. The plot has less to do with the Shakespearean play Much Ado About Nothing. It's just that I love double meaning and this secrecy and playful banter, that reminded me of it. Actually Beatrice and Benedick are my favorite couple of the Shakespeare universe. They are wittier than I could make Shimon and Mayura though and their interactions would rather fit RokuBeni. Maybe someday I'll write an adaption AU. Well, I better stop rambling now. XD

This again is set in the universe of "Purity" because at least to me it's easier to imagine them being together since they are almost there. Almost *sigh*

Prompts: "maybe about mayura and shimon announcing their relationship to either seigen or shimon's family (or both XD)" - luringsirensvoice (fanfiction.net)

"I would like to see seigen-San glare daggers to shimon for Taking his daughter lol." - Shipper (fanfiction.net)

"just wondering when we will see papa tiger overprotective mode" - Awayuki (fanfiction.net)

---------

"What do you mean 'Tell him'?" He had a hard time focusing. Why was she bringing this up now of all possible times?

"Just what I've said," she told him from her position below.

He evaded an attack. Focusing his power again. It still hurt from time to time. He still faced the repercussions for saving her. But if he hadn't done it, she might have been lost forever. And then he wouldn't have experienced these last few months together with her. Which brought him back to the subject at hand. "I would have thought, you told him already."

From her position below, Mayura stroke down on the enemy in front of her. With an awful yell the impurity burst into a thousand pieces, as Mayura buried her claws in it. "There was no opportunity."

Disbelief filled his head. No opportunity? But- "It's been almost six months!"

She attacked two other impurities, slicing them up from afar. "I wanted to tell him in person and I haven't been home almost a year."

Letting his gaze slide over the battlefield, Shimon spotted a group of C- and B-class impurities at eleven o'clock. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. He would pierce them with the blade of his wings.

"Sekitei mugen byoufu. Kyuu kyuu nyo ritsu ryou." Thirty-six blades flew towards the enemies. Six blades pierced through the vital points of every impurity, making them dissolve at once.

Calling back his blades, he turned to the battle noises, as Mayura took down one impurity after another.

Watching her, he now understood why she chose this situation out of all possible scenarios to ask him this. If he had been comfortable at home, it would have been easier to deny her request. Now thanks to their mission, he had less time thinking about it. That's why in the middle of the battle she had suddenly asked him if he would accompany her to the mainlands to tell her father about their relationship – after six months. Flying closer, he told her. "He will punish us. Or maybe just me because you're his daughter."

After finishing off the last off impurities surrounding her, she smiled cheekily at him. "So does this mean, you're coming?"

Once more he let his gaze run over the battlefield of Magano and saw the rest of their squad taking down, their smaller share of impurities. From his position he could hear one of them say something about an old married couple.