three.

alex woke up with jessica curled into his side and justin sprawled across his lap. he sighed, pulling his hand out from underneath justin, the other from off of the drunk's hip, ready to shove him off of him, but jessica shifts next to him. she exhales, stirring. "let him sleep." her words are mixed into a drink of exhaustion and irritation.

alex, eyebrow raised, lets his hand drop back on justin's shoulder. he's warm. "long night?" his voice is raspy and crackly.

she only snorts, a lengthened exhaled from her nose. "for everyone, yeah. it's different with him though." she sits up off of him, not finishing her obviously hinted at story, and alex guessed that it was her way of saying she was finished talking.

this time, justin stirs. jessica had gotten up and was either in the kitchen or in the bathroom. alex didn't really care to pay attention. justin starts to turn in alex's lap, a look of distress written on his face. he's sad, and his mouth has parted lips. he's about to say something. do something. alex looks around the room, not sure if justin is awake or not.

he whimpers. justin whimpered and alex didn't know what he was supposed to do. "shh, jus. it's okay." justin was having a nightmare right in front of him. alex's hand on his shoulder trails down it, fingertips brushing the skin. alex leaned forward, sitting up enough to pull justin more into his lap. "justin, it's just a dream, it's okay. breathe." he's mumbling into his ear, hoping the message can get through to the sleeping boy. his fingers trail over his shoulder, up his neck, trace his jaw.

justin lets out a breath, and he falls silent again. alex takes a deep breath of relief, taking his hand off of the basketball boy still laying on him. "bad dream?" jessica asks, walking back into the room, holding two cups of water. alex jumps, scrambling to find somewhere to put his hands that wasn't on her boyfriend.

he nods finally. "yeah, he's fine now, though." takes the cup of water, assuming it's for justin, putting it on the side table.

jessica gives him a look. "i was talking about you."

alex looks away. did he have a bad dream? didn't remember. "and, by the way, water is for you." she says, sitting back on his bed, but not leaning back into him. justin is still in his lap, calmly breathing.

MESSAGES.
alex  9:34am
does justin have nightmares?

bryce  9:38am
sometimes, why?

bryce  9:39am
he have one?

alex  9:40am
yeah but don't tell him.

alex  9:40am
he's still asleep, i had to coax him out of it.

bryce  9:42am
aha okay

-
so i felt like writing
so i did
the story will be like that sometimes okay
if u don't like that srry