Chapter One: The Letter

My sister was the one who found it first. The creamy white envelope addressed to me in green swirling letters. Inside it my future belonged. Of course at the time when I first received my letter I didn't know that I was a witch or even that magic existed. It was around nine thirty in the morning when my little sister, Laylie came running up the two flights of stairs that separated the ground floor and the first floor from the first floor and the attic. I was curled up reading The Fault In Our Stars (my favourite book, I don't care that it is cliché) when she stumbled into my room waving the letter in her hands. No one had ever written me a letter before usually the closest thing that ever had my name on the front was always sent from the orphanage, letters that just were sent to make sure I was doing okay or things like that, but this was different. I had lived with the Turners for five years now and I felt like I was part of their real family. Laylie was seven and their only biological child however they had always told me that their family had never been complete until I came into it.
Anyway family aside as soon as Laylie gave me my letter she perched herself on the end of my bed and watched as I pried the envelope open from the seal. As soon as I took it out and started reading my eyes widened and Laylie scooted over to read over my shoulder, she was just as amazed, confused and bewildered as me. Mum came in to tell us to come downstairs for breakfast but just as she was about to speak she saw us eyes wide, mouths open and asked what it was we were looking at. I handed her the letter and she read it over and over again checking that what it said was true, that magic was real and that this wasn't some kind of joke. "So can I go mum, please please please let me go I really don't want to have to be stuck at Harrowfields please please please." I ask her.
"I'll think about it I need to talk to your dad first I don't know how I feel about sending you off to some kind of magic school for at least a term and not being able to see you and plus how would I explain it to the orphanage?"
"Oh mum we will think of something please you know I am bullied 'cos I'm adopted and an orphan you don't know how much this means to me a final way, a solution, a miracle."
"I said I'll think about it I will have to write to this Professor Longbottom but I will definitely consider it okay?"
"Oh yes yes yes! Thank you so much!"
I hugged my mum.
"Now both of you downstairs, breakfast is ready and I'm not having it go cold."
Laylie and I ran down the stairs smiles bigger than you can imagine.
"My sister is magical, wow!"