Chapter Three: Diagon Alley

Elysia and Professor Longbottom landed outside of a brick wall. Professor Longbottom took out his wand and tapped on a pattern of bricks suddenly a doorway opened and they stepped into Diagon Alley. All around there were people dressed in funny clothes and saying strange things. Some people recognised Professor Longbottom and said hi to him. Then a family came over to them and the father said hi to them both.
"Neville! Long time, no see. How are you?"
"Oh Harry I'm good." replied Professor Longbottom.
"Good, good. Who is this?" asked the strange man who she guessed was called Harry. On his forehead she noticed he had a scar that looked like a lightning bolt.
"Oh this is Elysia Ollivander," how did Professor Longbottom know her real surname? "She's Ollivander's granddaughter and she is starting at Hogwarts this year. I offered to take her to Diagon Alley because her muggle parents can't get here. I hear it's you big year hey Albus." Professor Longbottom says aas he looks towards a boy of my age.
The Harry man extends his hand to me and I take it and shake it. "A pleasure to meet you Miss. Ollivander, I'm sure you and Albus can look out for each other when you go to Hogwarts."
Not knowing what else to do I just nod hoping that I have got the right answer and response.
"Well anyway sorry Harry but we have to get going otherwise Elysia will have nothing for Hogwarts. Ginny, Harry, James, Albus and Lily I hope to see you all soon." Professor Longbottom says with a smile. And just like that we are wondering the street again.
Our first stop is Gringotts the bank that is run by goblins. We are escorted to a vault which holds almost a fortune of money in it. Professor Longbottom explains to me the different coins in wizard money and soon enough we are dashing through the many different shops in Diagon Alley. I buy myself a tawny owl and call her Rosie. In my mind I can imagine writing notes to Laylie and she being able to receive them by owl. We get me fitted for some robes. I see students who are older than me getting robes with funny symbols on in different colours. Professor Longbottom explains to me the different houses at Hogwarts (Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin). He tells me not to worry about getting robes for my house because all first years have plain cloaks. As we get to the wand shop I notice that it is called Ollivander's, Professor Longbottom explains to me that my Grandfather used to run it however now it has a different owner. Nothing more is said on the matter.