Chapter one: The Job that was denied

"Gray-sama!!!,"Juvia said to her unending love for Gray Fullbuster.

"I found I job that we can do Gray. It's simply defeating a couple of fool-like monsters. And the reward is 50 000 jewels! It'll be child's play!"

She held the paper in front of his face, and gave him a smile.

Oh boy, Gray thought.

Gray stood from his chair. Gray did actually need money at the moment , he had owed Natsu Dragneel 1000 jewels from a bet he had lost. But because of that, he was in a bad mood and didn't feel like going anywhere, at least not until he cooled down.

"Juvia, sorry, I can't go with you, I would, if it wasn't for....."Gray suttered, anxious to think of an exuse. Then he looked at Erza then thought of a fib.

"I already have a quest with Erza, sorry Juvia, maybe next time." Gray said, and alittle louder than he thought.

Erza Scarlet was enjoying her strawberry cake, but when she heard her name, she gave Gray a hard, scary look. She stood up, the whole guild went slient.

"Good luck Gray" said Lucy Heartfilla, gave him a pat on the back, then quickly took a few steps away, as Erza requiped, and suddenly a sharp, long sword appeared in her right hand, facing it toward Gray.

"Is there something your not telling me, Gray?? " demanded Erza.

"No,no,no no NO Erza it is just that,
..."

Juvia hid the paper behind her back.

"Juvia was just wondering where you are and Gray pointed you out, Juvia wanted to ask you a question; why does Gray-sama hate me!'" Juvia looked at Gray with tears in her eyes, dropped the paper and ran out the guild. The paper swayed in front of Gray's head, he grabbed it at read it to himself.

"She loooovvveesss him!!" Happy said out loud, and the whole guild laughed.

Gray looked at the ground where Juvia was standing, then he crumbled the paper out of frustration and ran outside to look for Juvia.

"Juvia!!!" he said, while anxiously looking for her. Outside the guild were many houses and stores in the city of Magnolia. Juvia was nowhere to be seen, it was getting late, and Gray was getting worried."JUVIA!!!!"

Gray ran all around the block, he asked everyone he saw, no one had seen her.

"Gray, come back to the guild" Erza had suddenly followed Gray outside, and she put her hand on his shoulder.

"No, I need to find her, you know it is dangerous if she just runs off! Not to mention, I was a total jerk to her and need to apologize" Gray told Erza, still spinning around looking for her, then her spotted behind a garage pin crying to herself. As Gray tried to run to her, Erza held his coat.

"Erza.. come on! Let me go!"

"Gray, just leave her be, honestly Gray, I don't understand why your acting this way to her, she only offered a job request," She let go of his coat "come back to the guild, she'll be alright. She be back anyway"

Erza walked to back into the guild, with loud laughter coming through the cracks of the door. Gray took one last glance at Juvia, and walked slowly behind Erza.