Pargie - Destiny (Pt 3)

Mmmmmm, I love this picture so much. Kogie looks like such an innocent smol bean X3

Destiny - Part 3

Kogie's P.O.V.~

The training has been successful for the past few months, Parv had covered me whilst I collected nodes from every nook and cranny; we had a few encounters with Smith but my blood mage always had my back. Restlessly, the raven-haired man scouted the area and seemed to be constantly on guard, subconsciously I linked our fingers and rubbed his knuckles with my thumb; I always comforted my boyfriend when he was upset by rubbing circles on his hands. A dark blush covered Parv's cheeks and he looked away sheepishly, at first I continued my hunt for nodes without a care in the world before finally noticing his shyness.
"Are you okay?" I asked with a slight tilt of my head, we had now stopped walking through the endless expanses of tall grass and ruins.
"I, uh, I-I . . . you-we-I-uhm, you're uh." he stumbled over his words before giving up with a huff and nodded towards our hands, he decided to retry. "I know w-we may have, uh, been together in your world b-b-but here . . . we, erm. We were worst enemies." The blush that lingered on his face darkened and only then did realisation strike me with what I was doing leading to quickly retracting my hand, I shoved them in my pockets and made eye contact whilst feeling the heat rise in my own cheeks; I noticed that there was some sort of regret in his dark brown irises, odd. We continued our awkward staring contest before a clap of thunder snapped us out of it, out of nowhere the heavens - or Aether as they call it here - opened and unleashed a vicious downpour on us.
"Fan-fucking-tastic." I grumbled making Parv giggle, with that the tension dissipated and we continued on our hunt for nodes as we had come too far to turn back now.

The water had been relentlessly pounding down on our backs for a straight few hours, we were only wearing t-shirts might I add, so we gave in and decided to search for cover. If I squinted enough my eyes could make out the vague outline of a forest through the sheet of rain, I yelled out to my ally but he shook his head making his now weighted hair whip about. I motioned towards the tree line and he nodded excitedly, darting off in that direction and making me chuckle at his childish excitement. Following closely I ran after him, fighting against the strong friction of the howling wind that accompanied the storm. After what felt like an eternity, I reached the expanse of trees and leant against the rough bark of one. Doubling over and panting like a dog, I raised my gaze to meet the knackered one of my companion. We both grinned and breathlessly laughed at the predicament we found ourselves in, the rain was too dense to navigate home with magic so we were stuck until it died down a bit. Once I'd regained my composure we set off deciding to continue the task we had been doing all day. Scanning the damp space around us with my visor, I soon found out next target. I ran off after the shimmering node that was invisible to Parv and raised my wand threateningly at it, the little creature zipped off with us hot on its trail. I caught up with it and sucked it's essence into the storage pouch I had for nodes before pausing, my muscles were aching after a full day of node hunting and I couldn't take much more. I turned my head to Parv and his dishevelled and sopping wet appearance wordlessly conveyed the fact that he was in a similar state to myself, I tucked my wand in the loops of my belt and used a small burst of magic to send myself above the tree line. Parv quickly joined me in standing on a tree branch - smirking triumphantly as he flew up further - and the rain had finally ceased its onslaught, its absence revealed a black veil splattered with twinkling lights. We studied the stars and worked out what direction home was in before jumping back down into the murky woodland, even though we had plenty of essence to power our magic we were too physically deteriorated to actually perform enough to get home. Cold and wet, tired and exhausted we made our way along the muddy path through the trees in a comfortable silence. I listened to the crickets chirp and the rustle of small nocturnal creatures going about their lives, it was all peaceful until I began to feel the daunting sense that something was watching me. I began to get slightly paranoid and I instinctively checked if Parv was okay, he was shivering slightly but his usually playful brown eyes were wide with panic. I forgot, to him it was pitch black, I have night vision with my visor. That's when he froze dead in his tracks, I looked around and noticed hundreds of eyes peering at us through the darkness.
"Sorry Parvis, we may have been friends once over but that was long ago. You're trespassing on my grounds so I have every right to obliterate you." an ominous male voice stated nonchalantly, it was soon paired with a fairly short blonde wearing a green t-shirt. It had the swirly symbol which Parv had previously told me belonged to a forest spirit called 'Martyn Littlewood', his ocean blue eyes radiated kindness before quickly hardening. With the flick of his wrist hundreds, no, thousands of terrifying leaf creatures pounced on us from all angles. Parv howled in pain as one sank its glistening whit fangs into his waist, I didn't have time to react as a four sharp claws shredded my shirt and sliced my skin alongside a set of teeth piercing my wrist. I raised my wrist to see one of those demonic creatures dangling off of it, drawing blood that dribbled down my arm at an alarming rate. I ripped it off, shrieking in pain, and gathered what little energy I had. I opened a portal to God knows where but little did I know, in my dizzy trance of fatigue and confusion I had harnessed the power of the gigantic quantity of nodes I'd gathered throughout the day as well as Parv contributing his blood magic in a blind panic. We jumped through the swirling purple vortex and skidded across the soft black carpet of someone's house, Parv was fighting with one of the little fuckers that was gnawing on his ankle. We pried it off and he crushed it with his magic before sighing in relief, our struggle wasn't over yet though. My hair stood on end, a shiver raced down my spine and a lump came to my throat. It was him . . .

————————————————————————————————————————————————

Okay, sorry for the short and crappy chapter. It's been a long day and I wanted to get this out today, it will be concluded tomorrow whilst I get my new glasses (after 4 months of them being broken :/ )
I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you tomorrow!

-Anthony