one

Am I allowed to look at her like that?  

We met on a subway. Not the most romantic of places,but her warm brown eyes distracted me from the stench of the guy sitting next to me. She was beautiful. Milk chocolate eyes and short brown hair. She was a gem in the dumpster of New York. She was talking to the man next to her. A wide smile on her face and a glimmer in her eyes. He was tall and blonde and wore a proud smile.

She glanced over at me. Me. Me with wide eyes and broken heart. Me with hair too long and temper too short. Me. She smiled. I smiled back. And thus began the shortest bliss of my life.

We talked for centuries in the span of thirty seconds. I mean, really we just starred. But she seemed to be able to see right through me. She was able to take down the walls I had built up over the years in thirty fucking seconds. Her brows furrowed and my lips curved. She smiled at me. And for once I didn't cower behind years of pent up emotions. For once, I smiled back. Her grin widened and now I was dying to hear her voice. Match the perfect sight with the perfect noise. I heard the worst noise instead.

"Last stop." The automated and tired voice proclaimed.

Shit.

Her eyes widened in time to my inner monologue.

Shit.

She began to sit up.

Shit.

Glancing at her friend she started to walk-

Shit.

Towards me.

Fuck.

I took out both ear buds abruptly stopping Taylor Swift.

"Hi." There was that smile. That smile like the smell of freshly washed blankets. Comforting and warm. I pulled a strand of hair away from my face. "Hi."

"I'm Dodie." Dodie. So, unique and so her. Granted I barely new her,but the thick framed glasses over her eyes and the guitar case across her back showed she was an individual.

"Emma." Butterflies swarmed in my stomach as her smile grew.

"Nice to meet you,Emma. I'm only in New York for a bit,but would you like to hang out sometime." I now noticed she had an accent. British. Cute.

I nodded enthusiastically. "I'd love to."

Fuck!