Chapter 7

Isabella's POV:

I woke up in the morning to see my beautiful giant mommy looking at me. "Hey sleepy head did you sleep well?". Mommy asks me. "Yes mommy". "Good dear". Mommy says as she picks me up out of her pocket. Mommy carries me to the kitchen and gives me something to eat. After I finish eating I ask if we're going to do something today. "Yes we are, we've got to go to the adoption center so I can properly adopt you". I think about it for a second before smiling and nodding. "Okay mommy". Around an hour later mommy is dressed nicely and we get ready to go. Mommy puts me in her breast pocket and she starts driving. As we drive I look out at the giant world around me, the giant buildings, and the giant trees. I keep looking and see many giant men and women going about their business. I hope mommy doesn't make me meet any men. Thanks to my old daddy I'm scared of men. I'm scared of human size men, so giant men will be even more scarier.

After driving for around ten minutes we pull up to a building that I assume is the adoption center. We enter the building and walk up to the reception desk. I sit down in mommy's pocket because I'm tired of standing and just listen to mommy talk to the reception lady. "Hi how can I help you?". "Hi my name is Sarah Grant and I found an abandoned human child yesterday that I want to adopt". Mommy says happily. "Okay great do you have the child with you?". I hear the lady ask. "Yep I've got her right here in my pocket". Mommy says gently patting her pocket. "Okay good, I'll call Mrs. Jones and she should be with you soon". 'I wonder if Mrs. Jones is nice, I hope so'. I think to myself. "Okay thank you". Mommy then goes and takes a seat. "Did you hear that honey we shouldn't be waiting long". I just simply nod.

After waiting twenty minutes we hear mommy's name called. Mommy stands up and so do I to see who called. I see a lady that looks around mid thirties with shoulder length black hair tied up in a pony tail. She's wearing what looks like a business suit that makes her look very professional. She smiles at us and gestures for mommy to follow her. I decide to sit back down. Mommy follows Mrs. Jones to her office and sits down, I remain sitting and just listen. "So miss Grant your interested in adopting a human child am I right?". She asks. "Yes that's right". "Well miss Grant you do realize that looking after a child that can fit in the palm of your hand isn't as easy as it seems". "I know and I'm ready for that kind of responsibility". Mommy says confidently. "Do you have the child here? Because I will have to ask her a few questions first". I get nervous when I hear this. 'Why does she have to talk to me?' I wonder. "Yep I've got her right here. Honey this nice lady needs to ask you a few questions before I can adopt you okay". Mommy says looking at me. "Okay". I reply simply.

Mommy takes me out of her pocket and gently puts me down onto the table. I look up at Mrs. Jones, she smiles at me and puts her hand down in front of me and gestures for me to climb on. I look at her hand nervously and look back at mommy for help. "It's okay sweety she's not going to hurt you, she's going to help us". I look back at Mrs. Jones. "That's right now please climb on". I look back at her hand and climb on. She gently brings me up to her face. "Hi little one, I'm sure your feeling very overwhelmed by all the giant things around you but don't worry this won't take long, I just need to ask you a few questions". I'm not really sure what to say at this point so I just nod my head. 'I wish mommy could hold me but I guess Mrs. Jones wouldn't be able to hear me'. I think to myself.

"Okay lets begin. So what's your name?". She asks. "My name is Isabella Rose Brown". I answer. "Okay let me just record that". She then starts typing something on her computer. "Where did miss Grant find you?". "I found her all alone in the forest". Mommy answers for me and Mrs. Jones records that. "Why we're you in the forest?" I start getting upset now I don't want to remember my old daddy. I look at mommy. "Go on honey you can do it". She says reassuring me. "My... my da... daddy left me there". I say choking up. Mommy quickly scoops me off of Mrs. Jones's hand and cuddles me. She whispers sweet things to me until I calm down. "Sorry Mrs. Jones but I can't stand to see her upset".  Mommy says to Mrs. Jones. "It's no problem take your time". I eventually calm down and mommy hands me back to Mrs. Jones. "Sorry". I say quietly.  "It's okay I know this is hard but don't worry your doing very well and I've only got a few more questions". She says sympathetically.

"So Isabella did your dad hurt you?". "Yes". I say looking down ashamed. "What would he do to you?". "He would hit me, he once hit me in the head with a empty bottle. He would yell mean words at me that would make me cry. He would only let me have food once a week and it was only a piece of bread". I say remembering all those horrible things. "Isabella what's your dad's name?". This question surprises me but I answer anyway. "His name is Michael Brown". Mrs. Jones then starts typing on her computer. "Isabella is this your dad?". She shows me a picture on her computer and I gasp, it's a picture of him and I immediately feel scared. I just nod my head too scared to answer. I eventually manage to squeak out. "Please don't send me back to him". I begin to cry thinking about going back to him. Mommy takes me again and cuddles me and begins stroking my head to calm me down. "Don't worry honey your never going back there I promise. Mommy whispers to me. I look up at mommy and smile, I've only known mommy for one day and I already love her more than anyone. "That's right Isabella we won't send you back there, your mommy just need to sign a few papers and then you will legally be her daughter". Mrs. Jones says smiling at me. "That sounds good, I just want to talk to you in private first Mrs. Jones". Mommy says. "Yes of course, I'm sure you have questions".

Sarah's POV:

"Issy would you be okay if I leave you with the reception lady while I talk to Mrs. Jones?". I ask her. "Okay mommy". Oh I just love it when she calls me that. "Okay I'll be back in a minute Mrs. Jones". Mrs. Jones just nods and I walk out. I walk back to the reception desk and the young lady from before is still there. "Hi". "Oh hi again how can I help you?". She asks politely. "Well I need to talk to Mrs. Jones privately so I was hoping you wouldn't mind looking after my little girl for a few minutes". I say showing Issy to her. "Of course, I love kids I'll look after her". "Oh thank you". I gently hand Issy to her, she takes her and gently places her on the table. "Hey little one it's nice to meet you". "It's nice to meet you too". Issy stay shyly. I smile, she'll be just fine. I walk back into Mrs. Jones office and sit down. She slides some papers in front of me. "These are the papers you need to sign to adopt her". I sign the papers and smile, Issy's name now is Isabella Rose Grant and she's legally my daughter. "So she's now your daughter, you must be so happy". She says smiling at me. "Yes I sure am, I've always wanted to be a mother". I say smiling.

I finally decide to ask the question. "So what can you tell me about Issy's father?". "Well not much besides that he's a 37 year old engineer and that's really it". She explains to me. "Well I was wondering if you could give me his phone number". I really want to give him a piece of my mind. "Sorry but we're not allowed to do that, even though he obviously abused Isabella we need to protect privacy. We are going to have him arrested but we will need a statement from Isabella". She says. "Okay that's good, he deserves to be behind bars. When will she have to give a statement?" I ask. "I'm not sure exactly but I think maybe a week". "Okay we'll be ready for it". "Good". She simply says. "Thank you so much Mrs. Jones, I really appreciate your help". I say and I walk out.

I walk back to the reception desk and see Issy and the reception lady talking happily. Issy see's me  and she stands up and waves at me. "Mommy!". Issy exclaims. "Hey darling". I say cheerfully. "She wasn't any trouble was she?". I ask the reception lady. "Nope she was no trouble at all". "Good, so Issy are you ready to go home?". "Yes mommy". I pick her up and put her in my pocket. "Thank you for looking after Issy goodbye". "Goodbye". "Bye!". Issy shouts. I walk back to my car and start driving home. I decide to tell Issy about what's going to happen to her father and that she will need to give a statement tomorrow. She's already been through enough for now. I look into my pocket at Issy, she's sitting down. She looks up at me and waves and I smile.

I get back home and walk into the house. I make Issy some lunch and I take her into the living room to watch some tv. I put Issy on my shoulder and she snuggles up to my neck. 'That's adorable'. I think to myself. I put on some cartoons and we just sit in comfortable silence watching. Every now and then Issy would ask me questions like "What's that character's name?", and "What's the show about", and me being a bit of a cartoon nerd I know the answers to her questions. Around half an hour later we hear a knock on the door. I ask Issy if she wants to answer the door with me but she says no so I leave her to watch tv. I open the door and see a delivery man with a package. At first I'm confused then remember I ordered Issy some clothes. "Hi I have a package for a misd Grant". "That's me". "Great, if you would please sign here". I sign for the package and take it happily.

There we go another chapter done. I hope your enjoying my story. Remember to comment and tell me what you think.