one

Isabelle Bullock waited on her father once again as he was late to pick her up the third time this week

Isabelle Bullock waited on her father once again as he was late to pick her up the third time this week. Not of this would have been an issue, if her father trusted her enough to buy her - her own car. But Harvey being the hard headed man he is refused - he didn't want his little girl to be wandering the streets of Gotham, alone and unarmed.

Isabelle knew how to kick ass, if she needed to. That's how she got her way around in high school and middle school without a good clever witty mind and sass personality - you were gonna get no where. Not to mention, some kick ass moves to pin those pigs who check her out and tried (many times) to grab her ass. Isabelle sighed waiting, the day was going by and so was her patients.

She sighed very annoyed as her father and Jim pulled up around the croner. She stood up and walked to the car as it came to a stop. She open the rusty old door, she grew up with this rusty old thing. She loved it as if it were family. She stepped in, putting her things in her lap. She closes the door and buckles up. Harvey looks back at her and asks," how was class?" He grimed hoping she wouldn't say anything about him being late, again.

"Class was boring and the students, there are idiots," she says, rolling her evergreen eyes. "Why do I have to go? It's bored, easy and a waste of my time. My teachers even say I can graduate with this year's graduates." She smirks, smug. Jim looks back at her, proud and smiling.

"That's really good, Izzy," he smiled, Isabelle being like his niece. He didn't having many family left after his brother died and his wife went MIA. She looked at him and smiled.

"Yea that's great, kiddo but what about a job?" Asks Harvey.

She laughs nervously, Jim looks at her like did you didn't tell him did you? She looks ashamed down. "About that daddy," she knew her chose of words were poorly, she hadn't call him that in years.

He looks back at her. "You feeling okay, kid? You haven't called me that since, god, since you were 8 years old," he grinned remembering his little princess in her PJs and pigtails waking him up in the middle of the night and asking to sleep with him as she had a nightmare.

Isabelle mentally palmed herself in her head. Wrong word choice, she thought harshly at herself. She cursed in her head. "Uhhh, well you see I may or may not have gonna a job at GCPD....." She trails off, nervously playing with her fingers. She felt the tension in the car and it was a ticking bomb.

"What?!?" The car jerks forward as it came to a sharp stop. Jim groan as he hit his head and Isabelle moan in pain as she hit her head on her father's seat and her body slammed on the back his seat. Harvey looked at his partner. "Did you know this?!?" He yelled. Jim nod without hesitation.

"I suggested to her," he even says without emotion, no regrets in his voice. He really didn't regret suggesting GCPD to the young girl. She was smart, she knew her ways around criminals and not to mention, she could be of use around GCPD.

"Why would you do that Jim?" Groans Harvey annoyed by it all. His little girl in the armed force, she could get hurt or worse.....

"Dad, I have the GPA to be a detective, you keep that was my career choice," she snaps at him as they continued there. He knew very well, that's what she wanted ever since she was young. She wasn't like other girls, she wanted to fight crime and solve mysterious.

"I know," he sighs, of course he knew. Ever since, he went to Parent Career Day back in kindergarten. Isabelle always wanted to be just like him. She smiled knowing he no longer could argue with her. She leans back and smiles widely as she looks outside, proud of winning her argument like a true adult.

"But I don't like it," exclaims Harvey making Isabelle and Jim chuckle at his protective statement. Isabelle rolls her eyes playfully as she looks out to all the old, beautiful tall buildings in Gotham City. Gotham City, a home to many - both the rich and the poor. A city that never sleeps and crime is never at rest. That was Gotham City, that was her home.

•••••

"I really don't like this," Harvey states as Isabelle was placed to help work with Ed Nygma. Harvey doesn't like that boy, never has, never will. Ed was walking down from his lab to give the files back to Mrs Kringle. But his name was called by Jim, he looked over and saw Jim, Harvey and a beautiful girl no older than 20 standing near them. He walked over, god they were gonna make fun of him again weren't they?

"Yes Jim?" He asks pushing his glasses up on the bridge of his nose. His eyes ever so often glancing at the beautiful girl who watched him with a look of curiosity.

"Please meet your new co-worker, Isabelle Bullock," says Jim introducing the two to each other. Bullock?! Thought Ed, this girl was way too beautiful to be related to Harvey.

She sure is a pretty little thing, said Edward - Ed's dark side, smirking as he looked at the beauty that was Isabelle. Her beautiful locks and evergreen eyes looked in his as she smiled and held out her hand," it's pleasure to meet you, Mr Nygma." She's polite, thought Ed surprise to himself.

He chuckles shaking her hand, them being so soft and gentle. "It's nice to meet you as well, Ms Bullock," he says pushing his glasses up on the bridge of his nose, again. She smiles.

"You will always find in the past.
I can be created in the present.
Bit the future can never taunt me.
What am I?" Ed asks going out another one of his riddles.

"Ed we don't have time for your ridiculous riddles," says Harvey, glaring at Ed who frowned, he was trying to hide his anger at him.

"History," the three men look at Isabelle. "It's History isn't it?" She asks. Ed smiled, someone to get his riddles. I like her, Edward says smirking. Shut up, she would never like someone like us! Not mention we have Mrs Kringle, thought Ed arguing with himself again.

"Yea it is," he smiles. "You're very smart, no one really gets my riddles."

"I guess I'm just different from others," she says shruging her shoulders, this feeling in her stomach and chest was a weird feeling.

"Different is good," Ed say making her smile. She giggles, blushing. She twrils her hair in her fingers and she playing with her hair nervously.

"Alright that's enough, Ed please show Isabelle where her office is," Harvey says through gritted teeth. His eyes flaring up with hate to the boy, who flirted with his daughter.

Ed snapped of the trace Isabelle had on him. "Right, right, uhh right this way Ms Bullock," he say awkwardly guiding Isabelle to her office. Harvey and Jim watched as the two walked in silence.