Chapter 5

"You've got your passports? Something to read, our chef gave you some snacks?" 

I feel like I've already been through this.

"Yes Dad." Macy answers, hugging him tight outside the train station. It would have been a really sentimental moment between father and daughter, but I can't help but think the ten suited up body guards surrounding us and the car really does affect the mood.

"Ok." Oliver says, seemingly nervous. "I know you girls said you didn't need anything else, but I want you to be prepared." He pulls out two phones, very shiny, very new. 

"I really can't accept that Mr. Green." I say. It would be worth way more than my current phone, and he's already given us so much.

"Nonsense." He smiles. "I don't want you traveling Europe with Nokia's. This is 2017, it's just silly at this point." He hands them to us, and I reluctantly accept. "They are fully charged, with unlimited data and credit. Use it as much as you need to. The chargers are in your bags already."

"I love you Dad." Macy says again. "I'll call when we get to our hotel. Promise." 

"Ok." He says. "You better get going." Somehow I manage to get Macy in the train, waving fanatically through the window.

"Come on." I tell her, pulling my luggage. "Let's find our seats."

We had booked a small room to ourselves, after Oliver once again insisted. We manage to find it, and stuffed all luggage up the top.

"We'll have an awesome view of the country side." Macy says in awe, looking out the window. 

"We're only here for a few hours." I shrug. "Are you hungry?"

"Starving." She moans. This train is off the hook. It has a small cafe where you can buy food. We load up, and wait in line to pay.

"Ali?" Macy nudges me. "Am I just boy crazy, or are they those cute guys we ran into at that cafe yesterday?" I look over, and sure enough the group of leather jacket clad guys are sitting at a table.

"That's odd." I frown. 

"I can get my flirt on." Macy giggles.

"You don't know them." I shrug, feeling strangely uneasy. "Lets just go back to our carriage." 

I ignore Macy's complaining, and quickly pay for our food. We have to walk past them, to get through the door. The guy I talked to looks up, and he recognises me, smiling.

Forget it. Coincidences happen.

"Do you want to eat here?" Macy asks.

"No." I frown, looking back at the guys. "Let's go to our room." 

<><><><>

I watch Macy as she sleeps, laughing quietly. If it's moving, she's sleeping. We have twenty minutes left, I'll let her sleep a little longer. 

Knowing Macy, she'll be hungry and cranky when she wakes up. 

Like a newborn.

She needs a candy bar.

I grab my purse, and it's dead, everyone must be sleeping. I walk through the hall, until I find a vending machine. All the candy is in French, but I pick something that looks like chocolate.

It falls, but it gets stuck in the chute. 

"Come on man." I roll my eyes, crouching down and thumping the side of the vending machine. Nothing. "You don't get to steal my money bitch." I grumble, trying to grab it but my arm isn't long enough. "You stupid little piece of shi-"