Chapter 6

"Why are we always running late?" I huff, already regretting these heels.

"Because French trains are confusing." Macy grumbles, shivering because I don't think her dress could get any shorter. 

"Look how long that line is." I groan, as we round the corner.

We researched a club to go to, and it's known as a really popular one. We planned to get here really early, to avoid waiting in line. But of course, we didn't realise how hard it would be to find the train station, and to read French maps.

"We will never get in before midnight." She huffs. 

"Well, why did we have to stop at the first bar we came across?" I groan.

"I never thought I'd see you again."

We both whirl around, and my eyes widen in shock, when I see Ezra standing there, outside the line.

"Hey sexy." Macy smirks. I inwardly sigh.

"Ignore Miss Tequila legs over here." I smile apologetically. "Hi." 

"You guys trying to get in?" He asks.

"Key word trying." Macy pouts.

"I can get you guys in." He says, fiddling with the rope.

"You don't have to-" I say, but he insists, ushering us to the top of the queue.

"It's fine, really." He says. "My friends know the guys who own this place." I look ahead, to see the same group of leather clad tough guys talking to the bouncer.

"Thanks." Macy smiles, following the guys in. "Hurry up Ali!" 

"Thanks." I say to Ezra, who holds the door open for me. I look back at the bouncer, who looks slightly freaked.

I'm not so sure if they know the owners, or scare the owners.

<><><><><><><><>

Me and Macy dance for a long time, Ezra and a few of his friends sometimes dancing with us. I notice that as soon as we entered, a good majority of the scarier leaders, disappeared up the stairs, into the VIP lounge. But Ezra stayed, and we had fun. Macy was in heavy flirt mode, which is not that surprising. She already has the guy she wants wrapped around her little finger.

"Do you want another drink?" Ezra shouts in my ear, and I nod, following him through the crowd. I look at Macy, but she's more than occupied shoving her tongue down the guys throat. 

Ezra gets two beers, he learnt early in the night it was a waste buying me those high sugar pink drinks. He found a couple of chairs at a booth where it's slightly quieter, and I sit, exhausted from dancing.

"Your friend is having fun." He laughs. 

"That's Macy." I smile. "She's awesome, I love her."

"When in Europe?" He raises his eyebrows. 

"Well, when you come from a small country town, this is the most exciting thing on  earth." I say.

"You've never left Georgia?" He asks, not quite believing it. 

"Once." I shrug. "We drove into South Carolina when I was eleven, Dad wanted to buy cattle."

"I don't think I've ever seen a cow before." He laughs, embarrassed. 

"Where did you grow up?" I ask, curious.

"A little bit here, a little bit there." He shrugs, vague. "My childhood was inner city London."