Chapter One

------Ten Years Later------

*Mitch's P.O.V.*

     "Now Mitch, this year you turn eighteen. This means you will be assigned your partner." Mitch's father started. He obviously didn't want to do this, having to marry a woman he has never met. He obviously can't state his thoughts, or he'd be killed. "In order to be qualified to receive a partner and not put into exile-where you would obviously be killed by the baccas-you have to survive out in the woods for two months. It is very rare for you to die out there, it has only happened once."

     "Okay, okay." I sighed, hoping that this would be easy, and I'd come back to a nice partner. 

Unlike my sister. Her partner was abusive. I feel bad for her, I only wish this never happened. This is why I hate this system. I believe in love, if this were different, she'd still be alive. I miss you, Sam.

-------------------------------------------------------------------Time Skip----------------------------------------------------------

     I silently walked down the old trodden path, the exact one I traveled down ten years ago. My first trip out of the village. It has been an extremely difficult ten years, too. I can't remember a time when I wasn't thinking about the young bacca and how his parents died. I still wish I hadn't done that. All I want to do is say sorry, and make it up for him as much as I can. But I don't know where he'd be. He is, after all, a loose-cannon bacca(A/N lol yeah).

     All I have is a new iron sword. I couldn't hold the old one, knowing I had killed his parents with it. Some food, mainly four loaves of bread, and a half stack of apples I stole from the kitchen. I had my tent, and water, not much more. I don't really own anything. Now all I can do is sit here and just survive. Not much else to do, really. Apart from hunt baccas, which I will NOT do, and I don't care if bringing their fur gets you a lot of money. It's wrong.

      I had been walking for a few hours, night was approaching. I still hadn't set up base, and it takes me  absolutely AGES to set up. But, I needed to, so I set to work as quick as possible. The mobs started to spawn near me, but not too close. I had finally set up, tough it was late. I settled down to sleep, when I saw a flash of brown and black. Thinking that I was just tired, I settled down. I was just extremely lucky not to be attacked by any mobs. Otherwise, I'd probably be dead.

---------------------------------------------------------Time Skip (again)------------------------------------------------------

     I awoke to somthing on top of me, but I was unsure of what it was. It, he, she, saw that I was awakening and quickly ran off. I stood, and grabbed my sword and ran after it.

     "HEY! WAIT! I just want to talk to you! I want to know who you are!" I yelled, running, but not as skillfully as the creature in front of me. I tripped over every branch and knot of roots in my path. I was being bruised and cut up all over my body. It stung, but I had to keep going. I saw it hurry up some trees. I kept on running, looking above me, not really seeing much besides falling leaves.

     "HEY! Watch out!" I heard it call to me, but it was too late. I had already fallen. I let out a scream of pain as I collided with the floor. A searing pain shot up my leg. I probably had broken it.

     "Are you OK?" It called to me again, and I felt it pick me up. "I'm going to help you, OK?" I tried ot nod, but before I could, I blacked out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter one complete! YA! 

@iluvmerome, or more commonly known as THE FIRST COMMENTER :D Your OC will be a big part in this book. She won't be introduced for  few chapters though. Mitch has to come back to the village. (probaby in abot maybe 2-4 chapters....? :/)

BUT! Chapter two will be out as soon as I'm done, no point in waiting, right?

I hope you enjoyed.... this kind-of cliff hanger :3