Running

Jacks P.O.V

  Once I had left the house I started running towards the woods. I had no idea where I was gonna end up in the end, but all I knew was that I had to run and run fast.

  I slowly started to run out of energy and stopped running completely. I knelt over as I gasped for air, my lungs burning from the amount of air I was huffing in and out at an inhuman speed.

  I heard my name being yelled from far away but I ignored the sound. I again started to trudge along. I spotted a park in the distance and decided it would be fun to hang there, I turned towards the direction of which the park was in. I finally caught my breath by the time I reached the park. There was only one slide and three swings, but the third swing was absolutely destroyed. The swing was snapped in half right smack down the center.

  I wearily sat down on the second swing and twiddled my thumbs together. I felt my eyes start to water and quickly squeezed them shut trying to stop myself from crying, but like always it didn't work as I began to let the warm liquid drip down my face mixing with the speckles of rain that had started to fall.

  I jumped in my swing when I felt a soft hand on my shoulder. I turned around quickly and saw a man in a blue sweater, his face was covered by the hood so I couldn't see who the person was. 

  "Are you alright?" His voice sounded oddly familiar. I angled my head down so that he couldn't tell I was crying. I watched him shake his head lightly out of the corner of my eye.

  "You were crying a second ago so your not fine.. Jack..." My head shot up to look at the hooded man. My brows furrowed as I stood there in confusion.

  "How do you know my name?" I scoffed as he reached for his hood slowly taking it off. I was taken aback to see the dirty blonde standing infront of me. His crystal blue eyes sparkling ever so slightly just like they always used to. I stood in shock as I stared at his perfect looks and form.

  "Felix?!" I nearly whispered in exasperation. He nodded slowly. I stood there for a second looking him up and down. He slowly stepped closer to me and before he could get close enough to touch me I ran into him wrapping my arms tightly around his torso. I felt tears start to run down my face again as I cried happily into his chest. 

  "Hey... Please don't cry." I giggled as I held on even tighter never wanting to ever let go. I leaned my head up and smiled at him showing him I was happy. He chuckled wrapping his arms tightly around my waist.

  "I-I thought I'd never see you a-again Fe..." I sniffled into his chest squeezing him again. I listened closely to the sound of his quickly beating heart and realized that mine was beating just the same.

  "I know... Hey shhh... It's alright I'm here now." I nodded quickly as I slowly released my grip on him. Once I had pulled away he was quick to wipe away the tears that were streaming down my face. He smiled at me lovingly which made me burst into more tears.

  "Hey... What's wrong! I thought you'd be happy to see me?" He chuckled. I giggled along at his sarcastic attitude. That's my Fe alright... Always the one with a smartass answer.

  "I am happy to see you! That's why I'm crying! I just missed you so much! Felix its been 4 years! What happened? Why didn't you call me? Were you in a coma? Oh my god if you were I would've stayed at the h-hospital a-and--" He put his finger to my lips and shhh'd me. Again he wiped my tears away and finally I finished my crying fit.

  "I got out of the hospital a year ago... But it took me awhile to find where you were located. In all honesty it took me all year to find you. Trust me I would never give up on you." He smiled one of his toothy smiles and I smiled warmly back up at him.

  "Gosh I-I just wanna say that I-I w-would of stayed at the hospital but t-they said it would be years! Till you woke up..." He nodded his head as if to say 'I Know'. We both sighed at the same time and turned to look at eachother in a weird way because we were so in sinc. We ended up in a laughing fit from the looks we gave eachother.

  This is what I missed. Being able to laugh at stupid shit with Fe... But that all got ruined when I heard a certain group of people behind us... 

  "JACK WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN WE'VE BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE!" I flinched at Marks harsh voice. I looked down at my feet feeling sadness start to wash over me. I felt a warm arm snake around my torso and looked to my side realizing it was Felix. 

  "Hey don't yell at him like that!" I smiled lightly as Felix stuck up for me. Even if it was a tiny gesture and any other normal person would've done the same, it felt especially good coming from Felix. I looked back towards Mark and was surprised to see his eyes looking at Felix's arm that held me close to his side protectively. Marks eyes burned with jealousy and anger.

  "Let go of him.." I shrinked into Felix's side scared of what was about to go down. I looked feverishly over to Felix and saw that his eyes were burning with the same rage. Oh no... This isn't gonna end well.

  "No." Felix's voice got deeper making him even more intimidating than before. I tried to pull away from his side but struggled because of his extremely strong and protective grip. I nudged Felix to catch his attention which it quickly did.

  "Felix... Don't pick fights with Mark please..." I hissed the words slowly through my teeth. All I got from Felix was a smirk and a look of pure passion. I just looked at him like he was insane.

  "Well sorry to say this, but Mark... Will have to wait..." I tilted my head in confusion. But instead of getting an answer to my confusion he pressed his lips ever so softly to mine. I felt electricity shoot through my face and all the way down to my tippy toes. My eyes widened in surprise, but I relaxed into the kiss quickly and slightly started to kiss back without even realizing. It felt so natural and I suddenly realized how much I missed him.

  Felix slowly pulled away, smirking as he did so. The realization slowly set in that me and Felix just kissed right in front of the others... Especially Mark... I gulped and quickly pulled away from Felix. I looked over at Mark to see a mixture of sadness, anger, and jealousy in his cold and hard brown eyes.

  Oh shit this won't end well... 

      -1225 words-