A Personal Message from VioletEden

To poets everywhere,

Thank you for giving me the chance to be a poet. A poet isn't born, a poet is made and he is made with the words that he make and the tune the readers can recite it in. To become a poet takes time, months, years, decades even. It's certainly no easy feat to forge ahead and make a mark in the world of poetry with doubts swirling in his pits everytime he writes something and tries to rhyme it. Poetry becomes poetry only when it flows from you. One day, your poetry will shock you, you who wrote your poetry and that's when you know, you have become a poet. From there, you will always be a poet, and even when you are hardly inspired, your words will leave you and go for your notebook pages. It's a process and the end is sealed when you are free of "trying" and it becomes all about you, the poet.

Thank you. For lending me your hand to take me there through rocks and cliffs. I believe it's only a matter of little more time for me to reach the top and scream to the world that, "yes, I am a poet!". I am someway there, because whatever I write these days is hardly forced and I am proud of myself. There are times when I have to force a rhyme but it's on lesser occasions and that makes me really happy. All thanks to you, I am a budding writer, if not a poet. And I see so many poets here with so much potential determined to make it there and some who are at the top of the cliffs, reciting their poetry. I can learn, I can teach, I can find, I can treasure.

Thank you once again, PoetsPub for giving me this opportunity to tell you how far I have come and to let you know my heartfelt gratitude. A site dedicated to poets is an honor for all of us, when poets are rarely appreciated for the work they do (is it just me-- don't you think poetry is underrated in the modern world?)

In this opportunity, I would like to thank Bill for including me in his team and letting me work for one of the sister sites-WritersforPeace.

It's certainly an honor and I am already dedicated to the cause with an uncharacteristic ardor (I am hardly passionate except for poetry so this is new and I think it's good :)) )

To new poets and to the existing ones--Cheers!

Long live the Pub.