heavy weather.

Two scenes in.

"You're allowed backstage again? I missed that the most."

Five scenes.

His fingers brush her waistline. "I meant what I told you two days ago."

Nine scenes.

His body presses against hers. She can feel him against her when he tells a joke that only he laughs at.

Intermission.

"Did you date anyone at school?" Emma asks. He looks up from his phone, stares intensely at her. She looks at Emma, but then she looks at him a second too long.

"No."

His expression softens.

Twelve scenes.

"I want to get coffee this week with you," he says in passing, letting his fingers linger behind him on her waist as he walks by.

Fifteen scenes.

His body pressed against hers. "I'm glad you'll be here tomorrow."

Finale.

"You're going out with us after the show, right?"

After the show.

He's out in the audience, mingling as they always do, when she spots him. She walks towards him, weaving through the crowd to get to him first. She is too late as another girl springs into his arms.

"Amelie!" he cries, laughing the laugh that used to be hers, "You're going out with us, right?"

His eyes meet hers over the girl's head. Her eyes harden. His eyes widen.

"Ana! Hey, wait," he says, pushing past the girl. She doesn't wait.