Chapter 1

"Why Nick?!" I cry as Nick pushes me away. "I'm sorry" he barely whispers as he slowly walks to the door pulling the handle and leaving me all alone. For a couple of years now Nick has been on drugs and there's nothing me nor Madison could do to stop him. Sure he's been in rehab a few times but after his father died he's just gotten worse. We're still together but barely, I feel like I'm losing him every time he walks out that door to go and get high. I'm in my senior year in high school while Nick had dropped out ages ago.

I pull myself together and get ready for school, putting on a bit of makeup and doing my hair. I grab my bag and hop in the car, turning onto the freeway I put on a bit of music to drown out my thoughts of him. When I get to school I'm greeted by Madison and Travis, her new boyfriend. Madison hands me a coffee as we slowly start walking towards the building. "Have you seen Nick lately?" Madison asks sipping her coffee. "Yeah he was over this morning, we had a small fight and then he left" I say while warming my hands on my hot beverage. "He really needs to get his act together or he'll lose you" Travis says walking ahead of us. It is true, I'm becoming impatient with him and his 'promises' to get clean. The bell ringing pulls me out of my thoughts. "Well I better get to class, see ya later guys" I wave to them while walking in the direction of my class.

School goes by rather slowly and I can't stop thinking about Nick. I keep wondering what he's doing and how he is. Wondering if he's with her, i think bitterly. He's been hanging out with some girl named Gloria from rehab, I've met her once but I don't like her very much but that doesn't stop Nick from getting high with her. I know Nick will never cheat on me and I trust him,what little trust I have, i shake those thoughts from my head and focus on getting home.

I'm so tired right now the only thing that motivates me to get home is the thought of a nice hot shower. I drive for about 10 more minutes till I finally get home, I drag my body up to my front door to be greeted by my mom. "Hey sweetie, how was school today?" Mom asked giving me a kiss on the cheek. "Boring" I roll my eyes and give her a hug. "I need a shower, like right now!" I exaggerate. I run upstairs and start to get ready for my much anticipated shower until my phone rings. It's Madison! "Hey Maddie, what's up?" I say. "It's Nick, he's in the hospital, he got into a fight with some guy!" Madison says anxiously. "I'll be right there!"

I guess that shower is going to have to wait.

**heyyyyyy :) so I've decided that there's gonna be no apocalypse in this story, I haven't seen many of those around so I wanted to stand out lol :) tell me what ya think :P **