Semper Amare

My third and last entry for the Slytherin Cabal's "Death by Quill" eliminating challenge

Round 3 of 4
Theme: Desperation

Pairing: Harry/Astoria

Disclaimer: Everything in the Harry Potter universe belongs to JK Rowling. The plot was somewhat inspired by Titanic.

Thank you to my beta, Dramione84, for all your hard work and wonderful feedback.

Work Text:

Semper Amare

13 June 2105

"I still remember the day I met her –" A cough wracked through his body, cutting him off mid-sentence. Harry Jr held a glass of water to his grandfather's lips in an attempt to soothe his coughing fit.

Finally, Harry settled down and looked at his grandson fondly. A soft smile playing wistfully on his mouth. A mouth that was wrinkled and showed his One-hundred and twenty-five years of age.  "She was beautiful – I still remember –"

13 June 2002

It was a birthday gala for the youngest Greengrass daughter and Harry was, of course, invited along with other war heroes. In the Ministry's attempts to get the different castes of wizarding society to cooperate they were politely requested to accept the invitations.

And that was how Harry found himself hiding behind a big potted fern and clutching a tumbler of firewhisky in his hands.

He was escaping the adoring fans and hoping that this night could end sooner rather than later. As he was caught in his own musings, he was unprepared for someone crashing into him and as if in slow motion found himself stumbling to the floor, a soft female form falling down with him. All he could make out was dark hair and silk; lots of hair and silk. As he landed on his back he managed to hold on to the female so that she landed softly on him.

The firewhisky glass lay to one side with all its contents spilt over the couple on the floor. The woman raised her eyes to meet his in wide-eyed shock. Harry still held on to her as she raised her head up. Her eyes were the deepest sapphire blue...

"Oh I'm so sorry—" Her words tumbled out in frantic panic as she tried to push herself off from him. Harry only grinned at her and kept his arms around her. "—I didn't know anyone was here!"

Harry started to laugh softly at the flustered witch: she was beautiful and the red blush in her cheeks only highlighted her impossible fair skin and blue eyes. Her dark hair was a complete contrast to her complexion.

"I think I must let you go now –?" Harry murmured mischievously at the witch who had given up trying to push herself up against his lightly restraining hold.