Chapter 3: The Man In My Dream

UNDERGOING EDITING 2/22/15

You awoke with such a terrible head ache, still wearing the gown you wore lastnight. It was just about the end of breakfast, but thought you should at least eat something before it went back to the kitchens. You dressed yourself with something light: A red velvet, floor length dress with gold trimmings and designs. You also decided to put your hair up, in a curly bun with the hair falling out a bit, and went down to breakfast with the family.

When you made it to the dinning room, everyone was just about finished. You sat near Amelia, which you didn't mind doing...most of the time. You poured coffee into your cup and a grabbed a few pieces of break with preserves and some sugared fruit.

"I see you decided to join us," your mother smiled, placing her napkin back on her lap. Vitali gave you a cold look. Alexio was confused.

"Mi dispiace, madre (I'm sorry, mother)" you said with an embarassed look. You glanced over to Vitali, he couldn't dare to look at you.

"Where is papa?" you asked, spreading the jelly on your bread.

"Non lo so, il mio tesoro (I don't know, my darling)" she said looking around. "Maybe his study?"

Vitali arose from his place and left the table. "Mi scusi (Excuse me)" he said, staring at you. You wanted to know what you did wrong. Alexio looked at him and did the same, but didn't know why. They both walked toward the main foyer, which took up all of the space of the front of the house. They went to the hall that eventually lead to his study. But, why? You were confused.

"Mama! Something has been bothering me all day," Amelia said.

"Come quello, il mio amore? (Like what, my love)" her mother said, looking at the mail that arrived while you were asleep.

"Well, why was {Name} acting strange last night?"

"What do you mean?" she said looking up from her papers.

"Well, she was laughing a lot and happy...she wasn't quiet like always."

"Well," your mother began,"Maybe she was happy to be in Venice again."

"Or maybe she drank too much," Amelia mumbled.

"Amelia! Your sister would be able to control her tolerance! She would know how much to drink...giusto? (Right?)" your mother spoke to both of you.

You smilled slightly and laughed a bit, "Si."

"Dio mio (Oh my God)" she said to herself. You laughed in your head.

~~~~~~~~~~

After breakfast, you decided to write in your diary:

Last night was Carnevale. I was very excited, as I am every year. But it was different. I met a man. Ezio Auditore. We spoke for a short amount of time. If papa knew that Alexio left me unattended, he would be hung. But it wasn't his fault. He was kind enough to bring me a drink, my first drink of the night. And I thank him. But, Ezio was different. He told me he would see me again. I doubt it. That's what all men say to me. This morning, I went down to breakfast. How strange Vitali's face was. He gave me a look I could never forget. I've never angered him this bad before. I don't understand what I had done. Maybe Alexio told Vitali of how I met Ezio? But I wished I knew. Amelia told mama of my drinking. I would have been safe, since I was acting sober around my parents. Mama was disapointed in me. But I am not. Of course I'm not.

~{First name} {Last name}

It was afternoon. You had nothing to do. You couldn't go into the city without Alexio or Vitali. You were curious about why your brothers wanted to see your father so badly. So, you left your room, door wide open, and snuck to the door of your father's study, where he does most of his work. You opened the door enough to see and hear what was going on: