Chapter 5: Mourning For All

UNDERGOING EDITING: 2/26/15

tears will be shed today.

and they will be yours.

you're welcome.

~naty

As the sun started to rise, you began to smile, wishing for night to approach, instead. The crashing of the waves below the cliff your home rested on, vibrated smoothly on the walls of your room. The sheets on your bed began to heat you, due to your body. You actually felt relaxed. All until a knock was heard at your door. You lazily sighed and went to turn the knob, but, who ever knocked entered without your greeting.

"Vitali!" you cursed. "Che diavolo stai facendo! (What in the hell are you doing!)" you exclaimed, jumping back a bit.

"{Name}, mia amata sorella! (my beloved sister!)" Vitali said happily, hugging and kissing you. This was very odd.

"Have you been drinking?" you asked, backing away slightly.

"No, I have great news! This morning, papa had received a letter from the governor, inviting us to a hanging infront of Palazzo della Signoria!"

"Oh," you sighed. Since you belong to the upper class, you were always invited to important evens such as this. You've been to so many hangings that it was impossible to keep count. "And who is getting hung exactly?"

"Oh, no one you know," he smiled. "Just remember I love you."

You looked at him, deeply confused. First of all, he was acting so kind to you, treating you with respect, and second of all, he must be really pleased with who would be hung this afternoon.

"Si," you said very slowly, trying to take in what was happening before you. He walked out the door, closing it gently.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Later on, after your lunch with the family, you returned to your room. On your way up the stairwell, Alexio signaled you to follow him, to the door way of his room. You followed, of course. He held your shoulders as your hands were folded.

"E adesso? (What now?)" you sighed, looking away.

"{Name}, there is something you should know," he whispered quietly. "About something you would never believe."

You paid close attention to the words he threw at you. He made no sense, he could see it on your face. He then led you through a secret stairway, that you never knew existed. It lead up to an attic, filled with dust and cobwebs, spiders and rats.

"There is nothing here but chests and broken furniture," your voiced echoed through the stone walls. He led you to nook through the debris, within it held a manikin like display, with silk white robes that depicted exquisite symbols and detail. Beneath it, a carved, wooden box with the same symbol delicately cradled a pair of weapons, blades of some sort.

"They are lame hiden or hidden blades, if you want to call them that," he said looking down at them. "Beautiful, aren't they?"

"Sfarzoso (Gorgeous)" you whispered. "What are they for?"

"Protection. Self defence. They are hidden from your enemies so you have the grater advantage," he said, hands folded behind his back. "They're for you."

Your mouth opened. You thought, you, out of all people, have the ability to possess such power with this gift, all in one day. "Where did they come from?"

"Our famliy history, traces back to the beginning of the Assassins-from mama's side of course. But papa doesn't know, and you weren't supposed to know either..."