CHAPTER FOUR

(CHAPTER FOUR)
LETTERS.

(CHAPTER FOUR)LETTERS

o4. | TRUST ISSUES.

________________

Hey Jughead,
I'm so sorry for your situation, I feel bad for you. 
This probably sounds weird, but you are very cute and you don't bore me at all.
I am Scarlett Hall. Two weeks ago I turned sixteen. I live in Toledo with my sister Amber and my aunt Amelia. Both of my parents are dead, they were killed in a car crash. My aunt works all day, so my sister and I are always home alone. My best friend is Olivia Daley, she is the sweetest girl ever. I dated the most popular boy of my class, but he cheated on me a week ago, so I broke up with him. My picture is in the envelope. Hear from you soon?

Love,
Scarlett

° ° °

   JUGHEAD JONES SMILED WHILE READING THE LETTER. His best friend Archie Andrews watched him from behind, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "So Jug, who is this Scarlett girl?"

   The Jones boy raised his eyebrows. "Oh, when I send that letter to Jellybean and mom, I send it to the wrong address. This girl got it and wrote me back, since then we write each other almost every day."

   Archie's forehead creases. "And you trust her?"

"Of course, she trusts me too. You see how she opens up to me? You see her picture? Look at her, she is just a normal girl. Why shouldn't I trust her?" Jugheads voice was filled with rage. Why didn't Archie just trust him?

"Okay Jug, I didn't want to make you angry. I just wanted to know if you can trust her. You are my friend, I just try to protect you." Archie tried to save himself from a fight.

   Jugheads jaw set, he plastered a smile on his face. "It's okay. But you don't need to have such trust issues."

"Can I see her picture?" Archie asked curious.

"Of course." Jughead turned the envelope upside down, a picture fell out.

   Archie smirked, "She sure is pretty."

"Boys, breakfast is ready!" Fred Andrews shouted. The boys glanced at each other and ran downstairs.

° ° °