The Letter

"Boy, get down here now!" The man that very closely resembles a whale bellows. Harry cringes at the volume and makes his way down the stair, quickening his pace so as not to get another beating. Grimacing as he remembers the
last beating which resulted in the sprained ankle and broken collar bone he has to endure now.

"Yes, Uncle Vernon " Harry answers submissively knowing it lowers the chances of more injury.

"Freak, I come back from a hard work at my job paying to feed your ungrateful ass-"

"I haven't ate in a week, ass" He mumbles barely audible.

"What did you say freak" He whispers dangerously. His face slowly turning purple, he raises his arm ready to strike. Harry cowers knowing what's to follow and closes his eyes, anticipating the pain and just like a true seer it came.

"Ugh," He groans falling onto the floor. As he blacks out the last thing in his sight is Vernon and a hiding petunia smirking.

An hour later he wakes up in his small and unkempt room. He wonders why they bothered to carry him up here 'probably didn't want me to obstruct the way to the kitchen or the risk of the very nosy neighbors seeing my abused body,' he thinks, figuring it was the latter. As he shakes his head at the abuse he has to endure, a strong thumping sensation starts in his head which soon spreads through his whole body. Getting up shakily, his glasses falling and breaking due to the unstable movement he grabs a piece of forgotten notebook paper and a pen. He writes down a quick note the handwriting skewed and blindly opened Hedwig's cage. He pushes the note in and ties it around her ankle.

"Please take this to the closest Order member and make sure they read it," He barely gets the words out. Hedwig flies away sensing the urgency. As she flew Harry felt the throbbing hot pain spread, overwhelm his body and darkness was all he knew.