Ch.2

Sabrina reached behind her only to feel the dewy grass. She turned her head and found that Daryl's poncho or sleeping bag was nowhere to be seen. Sitting up she saw Ana eating breakfast with Carl and the guys going up to the second gate to deal with the walkers.

"How come nobody woke me up?" She asked going to Carol to get something to eat.

"We thought you might need some more sleep. You were tossing and turning all night." Carol said with a small smile.

"I was?"

"Yeah."

"Morning Sabrina."

"Morning Lori."

Sabrina looked over to the gate and saw the guys plus Maggie go in. For some reason she felt her heart ache a little when Daryl didn't give her a kiss. She watched them take down the walkers one by one. Lori, Carol, Sabrina, Ana and Beth started hitting the fence and yelling to get the walkers attention. One got close enough to Sabrina that she could stick her knife through the fence to kill it.

"Do you see them?" She heard Lori ask.

"I think they're over there." Carol answered.

"There under the fenced catwalk." Sabrina said.

"Are they ok?"

"It looks like they're done. Let's go to the gate."

The girls rushed to the gate and stood by Hershel. Rick looked over at the rest of the group before motioning T-Dog, Maggie, Glenn, Daryl and Maggie to follow him.

"What are they doing?" Lori asked.

"Looks like they're checking out the inside." Hershel said to Lori.

"What the hell is he thinking!? I know for a fact that the prison isn't deserted on the inside. He's leading them into a death trap." Sabrina said going for the gate.

"That may be true Sabrina but take into consideration that most of the walkers are most likely in their cells locked up." Hershel reassured.

Soon after Hershel said that Glenn came to the gate.

"There's a cell block cleared out." He said opening the gate for the rest of the group to come in.

The group picked their things up and followed Glenn inside. Once they got in there T-Dog was dragging a walker out of the cell block.

"What do you think?" Rick asked once everyone got in.

"Home sweet home." Glenn said almost sarcastically.

"For the time being."

"It's secure?" Carol asked Rick.

"This cellblock is."

"What about the rest of the prison?" Hershel asked.

"In the morning, we'll find the cafeteria and infirmary."

"We sleep in the cells?"

"I found keys on some guards. Daryl has a set, too."

"I ain't sleepin' in no cage. I'll take the perch."

Sabrina and Ana went up the stairs to pick a cell for them. "Mom, can I have my own cell?" Ana asked as soon as they reached the top of the stairs.

"Are you sure you want to stay in one by yourself?" She asked hesitantly.

"Yeah. I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself." Ana said smiling.

"Ok." Sabrina said with a chuckle. "But I'm taking the one next to you."