chapter 3

Chapter 3:

Time ran quickly, that thought ran trough my mind as I concluded the school week. I was amazed that I survived my first three days of Ouran. I was being pestered everywhere I went. I was glad just to spend a full day at home.

The clock chimed signalling it was time for lunch. I made my way to the kitchen and examined the fridge. Clawing around I found eggs, milk, butter and a variety of vegetables. Knife in hand I sliced into the cabbage with ease. The knife made a continuous thump on the cutting board that sound would always calm me. With the vegetables prepared I melted the butter in the pan and whisked the egg and milk together. I poured the sloppy mixture into the pan creating a sizzling sound. In a separate pan I sautéed the vegetables.

I dished up two plates as my mother would home from work soon. About to dig in to my omelette I heard the phone ring. My mother informed me that she had to work an extra two hours. Times had become tough lately my mum had to work two jobs just to keep us afloat ever since my dad left us not to long ago. I put down the receiver frustrated that my food would go to waste. Food should be eaten fresh and not wasted .

I sighed and wrapped up the food in a small box. I left the apartment and descended the stairs . I walked along the pavement thinking of all my old friends. Did they miss me or was it all just wasted time and what about him. I arrived at the bus stop hoping to catch the bus to my mother's office. Looking at the schedule I realised the Tieto building's last bus left and the next one would be at six o'clock.

I collapsed on the bench defeated. Wallowing in self-pity that my food would go to waste, I noticed that the girl next to me was making a grumbling sound. I shoved the box towards he and said here, luckily it was in my word bank. She stared blankly for a while and graciously thanked me. She devoured the egg heartily, a warm feeling spread to my mouth causing me to smile at the sight. When she finished she handed me the box back with a satisfied smile. Tossing back her dark hair she thanked me and asked for my name. I didn't respond I couldn't.

“What's your name?”

I looked up into her grinning face shocked at the English that passed her lips.

“Not used to Japan huh? Well my name is Sarah Mesain. You are?”

“Michael Smith, a pleasure”. I greeted.

We conversed as I walked back towards the apartment. I discovered that not only was she my neighbour but she was also a student of Lobellia Academy. Sarah apparently came to Japan three years ago as her father and mother set up a clothing franchise. We climbed the steps to the second storey and towards our homes. Our conversations ended when someone was outside my apartment. I waved Sarah goodbye and immediately addressed the stranger at my door. The person had short brown hair and large eyes.

She announced herself as Haruhi a student at Ouran. I felt at ease from her grinning face and her English though slightly broken it was coherent. I invited her in and she gladly accepted. As I walked in I placed my keys on the sideboard in the hall and proceeded towards the kitchen. Seated at the breakfast bar she explained her arrival.

“I'm here to apologise for the host club's actions to you last Tuesday”.

“Host cub?”

she explained that herself, Mori, Hunny and the other teens at the table belonged to a club that sought to bring happiness to women. I questioned why did she come to represent the host club but in response I got some mumbling about an ' obnoxious shadow king'. I looked at the clock and saw it was three o'clock, mother would be home soon. I walked Haruhi to the door and gave her a farewell. She then handed me a card.

“Mori asked me to give this to you”.

I closed the door and studied the card. It had details about this kendo thing I promised to do. Looking at it's back I discovered a phone number. It was Mori's cell number. I started to think about his grey silvering eyes that despite his stoic appearance expressed many different emotions in a single glimmer. His hair as dark as night that one could lose oneself in it. His hand so large and comforting that felt cool to the touch. I imagined him patting my head with it giving me that feeling of pride again. Little did I know that somewhere in my thoughts I managed to lean against the door.

The door swung open sending me into the wall , my mother had returned home. Embarrassment flooded my body in realisation of what I just thought of . I shook off my feelings and welcomed my mother.

“welcome home mum”.

a/n: well this was my third chaper it was a little shorter then most of the other but i have revision to do. please leave some feedback. i own nothing.