chapter 11

Spending the day with Brad as he now wants me to call him was fun. He made going to and fro for each supplier and shop less tiresome by filling me with information and funny anecdotes he had experienced when he first dealt with each of these shop owners. Now they called him their friends as well as business partners.

I never thought that making furniture and designing them could be such a tremendous task. But as one of the workers showed me the process it was overwhelming, the weaving of the rattan,  the polishing and grinding were tedious but when the product is finished it is a furniture worthy to sit the king not to mention the price which is kingly as well.

But the antique shops we visited were to die for.  Looking at each of the items and learn their stories from Ling the shop owner made me appreciate the value more and my mind to go back to the times when each piece of china was made and traded until it reached Europe and used by the wealthy families of those times. The silver was astonishing as well. 

But what caught my attention was the jewelry box. I tenderly wound the knob and listen to its beautiful crafted music and let my mind wander to the times when it must have been gifted to a little girl and how she must have appreciated the gift considering those times electricity was a thing to be discovered. 

I was tenderly touching it when Brad came behind me and asked if I want it. I checked at the price and choke on the price so I laughingly tell Brad that I preferred just the one from Walmart.

We were able to reschedule the delivery of some furniture to be delivered sooner and made the necessary changes for some of those and purchased the antiques lamps and chairs that were listed by Chantal long list of items to be readied and installed when she arrived back from her Italy.

She also requested her brother not to let me die from hunger as well as I will be doing the necessary purchases and requests of the furniture to be installed. The prints and the patterns that were most specific for each client for their drapes and upholstery.

So Brad stopped for lunch at some fancy restaurant and we were treated to such an awesome mouth-watering food as we were seated at the chef's kitchen. Brad obviously is a friend of the chef. I never thought that I would be experiencing all these. Going into antique shops, buying furniture that are way beyond my wildest imaginations. The prices are enough to pay for our mortgage.

It was already late when Brad finally drove me home. His name is actually Robert Brady Kingston he was always called by his second name to avoid the confusion of having too many Roberts in the family.

When Brad finally stopped the car in front of the house he turned to me and said. ''I have a good time and I wish it was a date so I could kiss you." and gave me his dazzling smile. He always had a way with women this I have presumed as we walked from shop to shop. Women would flock to him because of his charms and looks not to mention his money.

I know now that he could be a serious flirt if he chose to so I ruffled his hair just like I do with my William when he chose to act adorable and said, ''You wouldn't like that because not only you will be saddled with my heavy emotional baggage you would also be saddled with two children and after today I have developed a great taste for antiques  and diamonds.'' I laughed then unbuckled my seat belt and reached for the door handle. 

But before I could move he told me to wait and retrieve something from the back. He then held out his hand to give the parcel. I looked at the parcel and at him and asked, "What is this?''

He reached out to switch the light on in the car and said, ''Consider it a gift for a friend. You open it!''

I  opened the bag and gasped and exclaimed with excitement, ''My God this is the jewelry box! Oh my God, thank you, thank you!'' With my excitement I throw my arms at him to give him a hug and he hugged me back. And with a smile on my face I stepped out of the car with the parcel in my hand ready to put it in my office.

I looked at the house and sighed. What will I encounter tonight? Should I be calling Gwen to get Alex to calm down so he wouldn't be terrorizing the kids?

I prepared myself for the battle that lay within and fetching for my key I opened the front door.