Chapter 36 - Anyways, bye Mason.

After checking into the dingy hotel room I went out to the corner store to pick up a couple of microwavable meals for dinner. I hadn't realized how quick the time had flown by at the uni and I couldn't be bothered to drive anywhere else.

I struggled to carry the two paper bags through the door while keeping it open with my foot and tripping on it. "Why don't they put handles on these stupid bags? I care about the planet too but come on, there is a thing called efficiency." I grumbled to myself. I tried to the set a bag on the nonexistent counter space and dropped the bag of food along with a carton of chocolate milk. Great.
What else could go wrong? 

When I crouched down to pick up the punctured carton I noticed shoe prints on the floor that led to another door. 

Were those there before? Maybe it was just dirty from before, that wouldn't be surprising. But I couldn't help the nagging voice in my head examining the rest of the floor and pointing out that there were no other footprints on the floor. Wouldn't there be more footprints around if they were from the past occupant? 

Now, curiosity is a strange feeling and paired along with stubbornness or stupidity... ah, it can be deathly dangerous. 

So I tried to steer away from it. I picked up the carton and set it in the little mini fridge and stood still for a minute debating my next move. Should I leave and tell the front desk that there might be someone in my room? Will they think I'm crazy, or drunk? Because  I do kind of look like a mess. What if they get annoyed but still follow me to my room and check and don't see anyone? Then I'll look stupid as hell. Then he's really going to think that I'm both crazy and drunk. 

Pffft.
I concluded that it's probably nothing and started to follow the steps to the door.

Even though I was certain it was nothing, I still held my breath while holding the door knob. 

I twisted it quickly and pushed the door open. It revealed an outdated bathroom with gray bleak curtains. I sighed. I was right. 

I was about to turn and leave when I could've sworn that the curtain moved. I glared at it to make sure that it was just my eyes before it jumped at me. 

The curtain

literally

jumped on

me. 

There was no other way to explain it. One second it was just a gray curtain, next it moved a little, and then it jumped at me! No, I am not drunk. I swear. 

Lastly, I was pinned to the ground with the curtain encasing my entire body. I guess being a little claustrophobic didn't help the situation.

I gasped for air as my nerves and panic mode set off and hit the roof. 

One thing I did notice was that this had to be the gosh darn heaviest freaking curtain in the universe. 

It shifted and I didn't know what to do so I just stayed still. Was I in shock? Or just scared?

Then someone pulled the curtain off me. 

Mason. You must not be surprised. 

"You've got to be f**king kidding me!" I cursed for once, sounding more annoyed than angry or surprised. 

His eyes bulged, "sh*t, I didn't kill it did I?" He exclaimed staring at my stomach in shock and panic. He instantly placed his hand on my stomach. 

I slapped his hand away from me and slid as far as I could from him in the small bathroom. My mouth was open but nothing was coming out. I didn't know where to start. Don't touch me! What are you doing here? Why did you basically attack me? How did you find me? I ran my fingers through my hair. I felt drained. Was there any point of another stupid conversation that wouldn't fix anything?