Chapter 13

"What the hell was that for?!" Barron cried indignantly. He clasped his hand to the cheek that I punched and he popped his jaw, glaring furiously at me.

I had been so consumed by my anger that I had acted without thinking. My vision was red as I stared at the Wight in front of me and had spoken about my parents in such a horrid way. He even threatened to hurt the ones I love-

Wait. He only threatened Enoch.

Was I in love with Enoch?

"It's revenge that is long overdue," I hissed at him, raising my hands out in front of me. I concentrated more and his aura flared up around him. It was the same shade of Black as the hollows' were.

I bent my elbows and kept my hands facing out before I drew them back for a second. And then I thrust them out in front of me with as much force as I could muster. The Wight's aura brightened as I moved him along with it and Mr Barron was thrust backwards. He skidded along the ground until his back hit a wooden target that stood in the centre of the room.

"Jake!" shouted to him and he caught my intentions. He raised the crossbow and aimed it at Barron. He shot multiple bolts at him but either he missed or the blasted wight moved his head out of the way.

"Jake! When are you going to learn that you are a terrible shot with that thing?" The Wight cried as Jake continued to shoot at him.

I grew weaker and weaker as I continued to use my peculiarity to hold Barron against the target. My vision started to9 go fuzzy and I swayed on my feet from side to side. I stumbled to the left and Barron was able to move again as I could barely breathe.

"Hey, I've got you. It's okay," Enoch whispered soothingly to me as he moved me out of the way and away from the battle that had begun. He took me to a chair and I sat down on the side lines.

"We've got to go help. We can't just sit here," I slurred, trying to stand up but he just pushed on my shoulders to make me sit back down in the seat.

"Your job is done. You can't even hold your own head up long enough to glare at me. Just wait here out of harm's way until I come and get you, okay?" Enoch pleaded with me but I refused to agree.

"I'm not just going to sit here, completely helpless and useless to you," I said, standing up. I almost fell over to the side before Enoch grabbed me by the shoulders, pushing me back onto the seat.

That was when I realised how dangerous what was going on really was. If I sat to the side, someone I cared about could get seriously hurt or worse, get killed.

I stared at Enoch in front of me, debating whether I should tell him about my feelings. If I didn't tell him and something happened to him, he'd die thinking that I only thought of him as a friend.

"Enoch, I-" I was cut off by a loud crashing noise in front of us. Enoch kissed me on the forehead before leaving, promising that he would be back for me in a few minutes.

I watched the battle go on in front of me, infuriated that I wasn't allowed to help. I squealed in fear as a Wight took a dive at the twins but they sorted that issue out without any interference from anybody else.

I looked over to where Bronwyn was kicking some serious ass, and I screamed in terror when a man picked her up and chucked her into the small children's pool. She thrashed her limbs about but all of a sudden, she stopped, and I assumed the worst.

I jumped off the seat, ignoring the pounding feeling in my head as I ran unsteadily over to Bronwyn. I tried to use my peculiarity to push him out of the way but I was already to drained and he wouldn't move an inch. I placed my hands on his shoulders and shoved him away, looking down onto the water in fear.