Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Nico

                Shadow hunting with my cousins and friends isn’t what I had in mind for my first day outside of Hogwarts Education. But of course Percy had other plans. He had called the others for a meeting before lunch and I had to tell them everything. It still feels unusual to me when they finally accept me in the camps as a regular camper. But whether or not I like it Percy and the others will force me to include them for their help.

                “So where do we start.”

                “Well, there is around a hundred or so shadows out there.” I said. “The castle has seven floors and four dungeons. We should split up.”

                “I don’t think we’ll be able to get them all here at once.” Percy said. “Like it or not Nico, we need more help.”

                “Then what do you suggest we do?”

                “Get the other head counselors and the Cohort Centurions.” Percy said. “That’s like twenty or so more kids. We’ll be able to cover the castle that way.”

                “No.” I said strongly opposing his idea. What does he think he’s doing?

                “Why not?”

                “Do you know what you’re doing?” I asked. “No matter how much you tell me that I am accepted here. I refuse to believe that they would truly accept a necromancer in their camp. Much more having to clean up after the stunt I made.”

                “There has to be another easier way to collect two hundred shadows.”

                “There is.” I said darkly “By killing the summoner, aka me.”

                I turned my back on then “I’m going to start with my search. Now that you all know whether or not you want to help that is your call.”

                Then I shadow travelled into the castle. Time to start the hunt.

                I started from the dungeons. Going up. Just lurking in the dungeons itself there were around twenty shades causing mischief.  I heard sounds of movement and immediately kept my guard up.

                “NICO!” I heard someone say then they bumped into me. Thankfully I was able to catch the fellow camper before we both went toppling over. The familiar purple highlights in dark brown hair was enough for me to recognize the person.

                “Lou?” I asked. “What are you doing here?”

                “Helping you.” She said “You know you don’t have to be ashamed. It was an accident.”

                “Well. I highly doubt that everyone wants to help do something so ridiculous.”

                “On the contrary so many went to help. Annabeth already told the headmaster about the whole thing. Everyone went into pairs and left.”

                “Then where’s your pair?”

                “I don’t have one. Come on. It’s a magic school. I’m sure I could find my way around.” she said in a slightly hyped up tone.

                “I am covering this area.”

                “And I am coming with.” Lou said. “You know no one is judging you for this. Everyone makes mistakes.”