001

Villains are smart, cunning and play the game slowly, making sure that each move is played out perfectly

Danger hid in the darkness, creeping up on the ones who least expect it, but something that evil enjoys something more than winning, its main goal is corrupting the innocent.

Elise was that target, she was the golden child with wild ambitions and an driven attitude that kept her ahead of the game. Moving to Forks, Washington wasn't apart of her plan, neither was watching her mother die in a car accident, the seventeen year old girl being the only survivor with minimal damage.

"Give it a chance," Her father pleads, his mature face gaunt, showing the world that his wife's death wasn't only affecting his children. "Your brother doesn't mind the move."

"That's because he wants to find a new pool of girls to corrupt. He already screwed everyone back in Michigan."

Mark Dunatos ran a large hand over his face, trying to find a new way to approach the situation with his daughter in a way that only his wife would've been able to do. "Just, please do this one thing for me. Give it a few months and if you still hate it here, I will rack up some money and get you on the first plane back and you can stay with your cousins."

Elise remained silent for a moment and even though a sarcastic comment was brewing in her mouth, she swallowed it and gave him a nod. Without another word she walked away from him and into the newly purchased home that she was forced to live in.

It wasn't horrible, given the circumstances she was allowed first pick of which room she wanted in the two-story home painted white with faded yellow shudders.

After a few minutes of looking around she finally picked the room that seemed the easiest to climb out of if she ever needed to sneak out. Outside the window was a tall tree with thick, sturdy branches that rested just outside her window giving her just enough stability for her average body to be able to climb down had she ever needed to.

"This the one?"

"Yeah, I'll tell the movers where to put the bed."

Asher, her older brother came flying up the steps with a cardboard box in his hand, groaning loudly when he realized what room she'd picked. "That's no fair, how come she gets the room with easiest access to sneak out of."

"Because, I know that wouldn't be the reason why she picked this room."

When her father wasn't looking, Elise stuck her tongue out at her brother, silently teasing him as they both knew that was exactly why she'd chosen this room. "I don't know how you can't see it, you think she's an angel but I promise you that girl is the devil with blue eyes."

"Asher, just take the other room and stop being a dick to your sister."

The dark haired brunette of a brother rolled his brown eyes that he'd gotten from Mike and stomped out of the room. "It was just a joke dad."

"It wasn't funny."

Forks, Washington was never apart of Elise Dunatos' plan and with each passing moment she found more reasons not to like it. One reason being it was always raining and while Michigan was known for its bipolar weather, Forks was constantly depressed, crying for hours on end without any sign of letting up.

"This place blows," Asher moped a few hours later, the tall boy laying his head comfortably on his sisters stomach. Her brand new bed was made with a fresh set of plush sheets that ensured warmth in the chilly state. "There's no one to do."

"Nothing," Elise corrected with disgust in her tone, piercing blue eyes rolling at him. "You're such a pig."

There was a silence in the room for a moment until Asher sat up, his curious eyes meeting his younger sisters. "Do you think mom would be happy with us living here?"

"She'd hate it here, she never did like the rain."

Unpleasant memories from the crash flashed behind her eyes, the dark night her mother was driving being a rainy. "I miss her."

"I'm sorry."

"You're lucky, at least you look like her. You'll never forget what she looks like or how she sounded."

"Neither will you, you're firstborn, you knew her longer."

Asher shook his head in denial. "I was always so mean to her, I gave her the hardest time. I regret it now."

"She still loved you anyway and if it makes you feel any better, I wish I didn't look like her."

"Why not?"

"Because, maybe if I didn't Dad wouldn't stop giving me that look."

No further questions needed to be asked, the eldest sibling knowing full-well the look she was talking about, having seen it many times on his fathers face. That look of sadness and longing for the woman he loved and would never get back, but Elise could see under all of that pain. Hidden deep beneath it was anger and resentment that her mother was taken instead of her, and no matter now bad it sounded she knew he thought it from time to time.

"Things could be better here for us."

The hairs on Elise's skin stood up as an unusual feeling of being watched washed over her. "For some reason, I disagree."