019

Words couldn't be properly used to describe the handsomeness of Paul Lahote and Elise would be blatantly lying if she said that the giddy smile that overtook said handsome face didn't cause a set of butterflies to rustle around in her stomach

Words couldn't be properly used to describe the handsomeness of Paul Lahote and Elise would be blatantly lying if she said that the giddy smile that overtook said handsome face didn't cause a set of butterflies to rustle around in her stomach. "How long have you been out here?"

There was a chill breeze in the night, the quileute shirtless and waiting patiently for her to exit the Black residence for longer than he cared to admit, but then again he'd wait for her forever. "Not long," It wasn't exactly a lie, he'd have stayed out all night if he had to. "Just waiting for Billy to finish filling you in on everything. Was planning on taking you home seeing as Jake drove you from the theater."

"Right," Elise nodded her head, nearly forgetting how she'd gotten to the reservation in the first place. Once her mind did it's best to push aside the copious amounts of information she'd been told, the much more rational parts of her brain forced her fingers to grip her phone and send a text to her brother to make sure they were aware of her safety and how home was the last place she wanted to be at the present moment. "Do you mind if I ask you for a favor?"

"Anything."

"Can I sleep at yours tonight? I'd much rather not be home, honestly."

Paul tried desperately to ignore the increased thumping of his heart in his chest but it wasn't exactly easy. "Of course, can I ask why?"

They fell in step with one another, Paul a few beats away given the long stride of his step. "My dad has this thing, every since my mom died he watches over me like this broken piece of glass that he's trying to fix back up and I won't lie her death was pretty crushing but I've always known how to deal with my problems. I was fine being by myself, not having many friends outside of my brother and if I come home this late obviously shaken and a little too in my thoughts he'll ask me questions by the boatload and it's overwhelming and I'm at peace when I'm with you. Is that an imprint thing?

Admitting the words to him and herself wasn't as nerve racking as Elise thought it would be, talking to Paul about anything was calming and she didn't feel like she had to hold back her nitty gritty. "Partially, but I'd mostly just like to believe it's because you feel comfortable around me."

"I do," She confirms without hesitation. They were in his truck now, the soothing smell of him engulfing her like a blanket and any stress she'd felt previously about tonight had washed away. "But since the topic was brought up, this imprint thing, you made it sound so scary before. How come?"

The gentle hum of his engine was the only noise filling the silence for a few moments. "I used to hate the idea of an imprint, I felt like it was some twisted mind control thing. At the time when I shifted, we have to stop contact with everyone we associated with before, friends, family who didn't know about the secret and then I learn that on top of that I can't choose the person I want to be with. It was just so overwhelming and I was so against it and then I met you that night and everything just started making sense. I was so grateful that someone so beautiful could possibly be the person I was fated to spend the rest of my life with."