Chapter 2

Scrap! It's Optimus!

"Oh...uh, hi, Optimus," I greeted, my face starting to get warm.

"Hi, again sorry. I wasn't really looking where I was going, I was just trying to escape that meeting," he said.

"Galloway getting under your plating?" I asked.
He chuckled a little at my question.

His laugh is so cute! Gah, why do I keep thinking things like this!? He probably doesn't even feel the same way about me.

"Ah, no. I was just standing there listening to their conversation. I mean Galloway did blame the Autobots a couple of times and I told him off but other than that no," he replied, placing a hand on the back of his neck.

Stop being so fragging cute!
I smiled and laughed a little.

"I guess some people just don't understand," I said as I looked back out across the land.

Optimus sighed.

"Yeah. It's no Cybertron, but this planet sure is beautiful," he said.

"Agreed. What do you miss most?" I asked, forcing myself to look at anything but him.

"The culture. Cybertron was so diverse and has so many different aspects to its people. What about you?" he replied after a moment.

Out of the corner of my optic, I saw him looking at me.

Meep.
I turned towards him, but avoided his gaze.

"I miss my parents. They...were killed when Decepticons dropped a bomb on our house. Bee and I were only ten," I told him.

Why did I even tell him that? Maybe it's the fact that he's easy to talk to. But if he's easy to talk to, why can't I tell him how I feel?

"I find it incredible that bots like you can overcome that much. I mean here you are, fighting in a war after you lost so much to war," he said.

I looked up at him and gave him a small smile.

Did...did he just...compliment me? Eh, he probably compliments everyone. Well, maybe not Skids and Mudflap.

Thinking about the two Knucklehead Twins made me smile a little more. He smiled back at me.

"You look good when you smile," he said.
Wait WHAT!?

"I...um...thanks. You too," I replied, a blush creeping over my face.

Smooth move.

"Do you want to come with me to meet your brother and Sam?" he asked after a minute.

Omp, is he asking me out!?...Nah.
"Sure," I replied excitedly.

"Very well, we will leave in about fifteen. Go get what you might need for a four hour drive," he replied happily.

I nodded and walked to my room. I grabbed my other sword, along with my two blasters.

Well, that's all really need. Man, four hours alone...with Optimus...what could go wrong?

I walked back outside and saw Optimus already there. I smiled at him. He smiled back and transformed.

"You ready to go drive for four hours?" he asked.
"You bet," I replied as I transformed.

This is gonna be one long ride, but it'll be the best four hours ever!

"Then shall we?" he asked as he started his engine.
I did as well and eventually we got on the road.