Chapter 3

A/N ~ hello I'm back!!! So yes, I'm continuing the fanfic now that school's almost out and everything's sorta settling down. I want to thank you all so much for the nice comments on the last chapter I posted. It really encouraged me to keep writing. So this chapter is pretty short but I'm going to post something longer in the next few days(depends on my schedule). Hope you enjoy 😊
----------------------------------------

Evan, Zoe, and Heidi walked into the house.
"So Zoe." Heidi said. "Come to the kitchen and I can make you some tea while Evan gets packed."
The two walked to the kitchen and Evan went up to his room to start packing.

is this really happening? Evan thought to himself. I'm finally getting the chance to be with Zoe Murphy, but I bet I'll screw up somehow. I'm going to be staying at her house, for a whole week.

Evan was too excited and nervous to really think about what to pack so he just threw some clothes in his suite case and walked back down stairs.

He walked into the kitchen and found his mom and Zoe talking about some tv show.
"Hey Evan." Zoe said. Heidi, with her back facing him, turned around to see her son.
"Hey there kiddo, are you all ready?" She said cheerfully.
"Yeah." Evan said giving a nervous smile.
Evan started to fidget with his hands. He wasn't sure how to feel. He was going to be staying at Zoe's house for a week, which was exciting, but he was really on edge and worried about being in a different environment for such a long time.

"Alrighty." Heidi said. "I have to be on the road soon so I better get you guys to her house." She said gesturing toward Zoe.

Heidi grabbed her keys and they all got in the car. This time, Evan sat in the back seat with Zoe.
Might as well getting used to being alone with her now. Evan thought.
When Zoe saw Evan climb in next to her, she smiled. He did the same

After a 15 minute ride with Zoe telling Heidi which turn to take every five minutes, they finally arrived at the Murphy's.
Evan grabbed his suitcase and him and Zoe got out of the car, Heidi rolled down her window. Evan went up to her.
"I'll see you soon." She told him. "It might not even take a full week. I'll try to call you every day. I love you."
"Love you too..." Evan mumbled embarrassed with Zoe standing right next to him.
Heidi pulled out of the driveway and cruised back up the street, leaving Zoe and Evan alone.
"Well, knowing my parents they probably started making a big dinner once they found out you were coming." Zoe said.
"Really!?" Evan said shocked. "That's okay, they really didn't have to do that. Its bad enough I have to stay with them for so long, they shouldn't have to deal with me I'm probably causing them so much trouble." He rambled.
"No no Evan it's fine." Zoe said reassuringly. "This is honestly the most excitement this family has seen in years. We're happy to have you."
"Okay.." Evan said cheering up.
They walked toward the door but Evan stopped.
"What about Connor?" He mumbled fast and quietly.
Zoe stopped walking. "What?"
"Your brother Connor," Evan said. "He's probably not okay with me staying, you said so, he hates everyone." Evan started sweating and fidgeting with his hands.
"No, Evan it'll be fine. Just breathe."
Evan took a deep breathe and tried as hard as he could to calm down, which wasn't working as well as he wanted it to.
"Hey, look," Zoe said, and Evan tore his gaze away from the ground and looked up at her. "I promise he'll probably just stay in his room. You have nothing to worry about."
"Thanks." Evan said, managing a half smile.
"C'mon, lets go." Zoe said walking toward the front door.

Zoe opened the door and held it open for Evan to come inside. Evan stopped on the doorway, took a deep breath, then stepped forward.