Chapter 6

Evan laid there on the couch for almost another hour. He couldn't get the events with Connor out of his head. His thoughts began to exhaust him and Evan almost drifted into sleep, but he heard a noise from upstairs. He laid still and pretended to be asleep as he heard
someone descending down the stairs.

Evan glanced up and saw what looked like Connor, stealthily making his way to the front door while trying to not make any noises. Connor exited the house and shut the door quietly.
Evan got up, looked out the window and to saw Connor walking, almost running up the street.

oh jeez.

Evan thought

He's running away. Should I tell the Murphys? Or should I run after him? Maybe I should just leave it alone and go to sleep.

He laid back down and closed his eyes but he couldn't do it. He got back up, grabbed his phone, and walked toward the door.
Evan ran out and made his way up the road following Connor.

Connor was almost toward the end of the street, meaning he was about to turn one way or the other onto the next road. Evan tried to catch up before he lost track of him.

Evan hadn't reached Connor yet, but he thought he saw him turning left. After running for a while, Evan stopped at the end of the road panting. He took a few breathes then turned left down the street, and sure enough there was Connor, walking away from him down the street.

"CONNOR" Evan screamed.
He either didn't hear him or just didn't care
"CONNOR YOU NEED TO COME BACK."
He had no luck, but kept following.
Connor cut into the woods nearby and Evan sped up more to catch him
"Connor, please."

Evan stopped when he got to the woods that Connor entered and sat down on the side of the road. He almost turned back around and went back to the house to get Mr and Mrs Murphy but part of him knew that that would get him into more trouble with Connor, he'd hate him even more.

Evan stood up and followed the way Connor went and hoped to catch up to him.

Evan entered the woods. There was a pathway in the dirt where he saw multiple footsteps, but they all seemed to belong to the same footprint. Perhaps Connor had been back here several times.

He kept to the path and walked for about 5 more minutes. He got more and more nervous with every step. He was lost and just wanted to go home, but he had to find Connor. He could be doing something crazy and he had to be there to stop him, whatever it was. Evan started to panic but knew there wasn't time for his own problems, he had to keep moving. He pushed his emotions aside.

Evan tried to walk faster and faster so he could get to Connor quicker. Evan didn't know what he'd do when he did find him though, but he kept going.

Soon enough, he came upon a clearing with a ledge that led down to a river, with a bridge going over the small chasm.
On the bridge Evan saw someone standing there, leaning on the side of the bridge looking down toward the water.

Evan couldn't see their face but he knew that in their eyes was a lost look, with a sort of longing and feeling of unimportance.

Evan took a few steps forward.
"Connor?"
-------------------------------
A/N
Hello my dudes. This was a really boring and short chapter but I haven't posted in almost 2 weeks so I wanted to post something now because it's been a while. I guess I haven't had the motivation to write because I kinda feel like this kinda sucks?? I don't really know. It'll be easier for me now because schools out and I had 4 band performances this past week that I needed to focus on, but now all that's
over so I'll have more time for this.
Adios