EXO - Yixing

*I recommend listening to Hold On by Chord Overstreet

I remember the first time I saw you as if it was yesterday. Your golden curls running wild as you chased two young children around the park. They kept yelling "you'll never catch me!",  you laughed and carried on running like no tomorrow. I knew then that you were special, that you were more than I could ever have dreamed.

I remember the first time we spoke, it was raining. You were skipping from store front to store front, attemping to evade the trecherous downpore. I had offered you my umbrella, which you politely declined. "I appreciate the offer but a little rain never hurt anyone." You gave me a quick smile and we parted ways.

I remember our first date, it wasn't awkward or boring, but delightful and sweet. Who know you could sing so well, who knew I could smile so big. You were always the brightest person in the room. Everyone would stop and say "now she is something special." But I was the special one, because I had you.

I remember our first kiss, it was on your front porch. As rushed and unexperienced as it was, I knew you felt the same buzz I did. You then held my hands tight and gave a shy smile before telling me to kiss you again, and I did.

I remember the first time you said you loved me. You were late for work and after grabbing your keys shouted "Love you!". I knew you hadn't meant to say it because your face turned white and you stood so rigid that I thought you would tip over. I grinned and slowly walked over to you, whispering in your ear "I love you too." Relief flooded your face and you kissed my cheek and ran out the door. I then chuckled and wondered how I had fallen in love which a such a silly girl. But I realized that I had always been in love with you and I always will be.

I remember the night of our wedding, everyone was buzzing with excitement but I was too preoccupied with the thought that you would change your mind. Maybe you didn't love me as much as I loved you. However that thought vanished when I met you at the alter and I saw in your eyes that you had made your decision long ago.

I remember when you told me I was going to be a father and I had panicked because I was never good with kids. You ressured me that I was going to be a great dad because you wouldn't had married me otherwise and when I held my baby girl in my arms for the first time I knew I could never love someone more than I loved her. This was the first time I realized I could love someone more than you and it scared me.

I remember the first time you found a grey hair. You had had a particulary trying morning with the kids and this was the last straw. You cried and asked me, "am I pretty anymore?". How could I even begin to answer that question? "To me, you were never just pretty, you were radient. You are and always will be the most beautiful woman in my eyes. How lucky am I to have the privillige to grow old with you." You smiled and leaned against my chest and whispered, "No, I'm the lucky one."

I remember the first time you fell. It was during some stupid soccer game; how could a soccer game be more important than you? You had gone into the kitchen to fix me a sandwich. I was so worried but you brushed it off like it was nothing. How I wish it was nothing.

I remember the first hospital visit, it was around christmas and our daugher was flying in from Tennessee. The docter had said something about cancer and no treatment. But I was lost in a world of my own, you were not invincible. You were human and sometimes I forgot that.

I remember the last time you were home. It was Easter and your docter allowed you to come home to see the grandkids. You laughed and smiled for the first time in a while. For a moment I forgot you would leave me. For a moment everything was ok.

I remember the last time you cried, our son had just announced that his little boy had arrived and you were dissapointed that you couldn't be there. He assured us that he would visit soon, but soon may be too late. I hated to see you cry, especially over something like this.

I remember the last time you laughed, our granddaughter asked you if you were a superhero. "Mommy said that you fight the little bad guys inside of you and superheros fight bad guys so you must be a superhero." You had laughed so hard and said "Yes, your mommy is right, and since I'm your grandmother that makes you a superhero too." She smiled so big and hugged you tight. It was the last time you were yourself.

I remember the last time I saw you. You were displayed in a dull casket for everyone to see. I remember thinking, this isn't right, you were always the brightest one in the room. Why are you so empty. But I knew why, everyone knew why. It was just so hard to wrap my head around the fact that I wouldn't spend the rest of my days with you. Instead, I'd be alone.

So now I sit next to an empty chair reminising about the past and remembering the moments that involved you. Sometimes I forget that you are gone, and that your fight has long since been over. But I long for the day when I can see you again.

-
-

Listen guys, I'm sorry for this sad story. Please forgive me.

But

I have news

I'M GOING TO SEE MONSTA X IN CHICAGO!!! I'M SO EXCITED AND THRILLED! ANYONE HERE GOING?