one | who?

"Hell oh ya get it from the mainline all right!" Peter Quill just started dancing and singing to the music on his Walkman.

"If you want some take some-" He got rudely interrupted by a nudge on his back, he turned back to come face-to-face with a fur-covered snout.  A pair of ember eyes staring straight back at him.

"What?" 

To that, the giant wolf only let out a huff. It seemed as if it was annoyed with Peter. 

"Okay, chill. I'll go find the darn Orb." He smirked and held his hands up in a gesture of mock surrender, before continuing on his search. Of course, with less of all that dancing.

The large wolf loped after the man, both on the lookout for the "orb", a supposedly floating round ball, that had a bloody high price on it. That was all they were here for: to collect the object that would give them a very rewarding bounty.

Suddenly, they saw a purple light emanating from ahead. Walking towards it, they saw what they were looking for. It was surrounded by a ring of lasers that kept thieving hands out.

But that was no big deal to the duo, Peter dealt with it almost immediately. Taking off his Walkman, he took a moment to marvel at the glowing, floating ball of metal. It had intricate carvings on its surface. 

He reached forward to grab it. And nothing happened. Nothing exploded, nothing caught fire, nada. The wolf let out a short bark, a resembling a sound of triumph at their catch. But then it turned its head to the side, sniffing. Almost immediately, it pulled Peter back by his sleeve.

"Whoa, wait a second. Girl, what's wrong?" The wolf just growled in the direction they came from, her fur now bristling against its body. She snarled. And snarled again.

Peter was no fool, he took out his guns, aiming in that direction. And then came them.

Korath, infamous right-hand man of Ronan the Conqueror. "Drop it, boy!" Behind him came his other henchmen. The wolf's growls grew in volume.

Seeing as he was greatly outnumbered, he set his guns back into their hostlers, "Uh...hey."

"Where's the orb?"

"What orb?"

"Don't play dumb."

"You mean this?" Peter innocently took out the glowing orb from his satchel.

"You-drop it!"

"Hey, cool, man. No problem." Peter drops the orb just as the two henchman come closer to him with their guns pointed at him and the wolf. "No problem at all."

The wolf suddenly snarls and steps in front of Peter, flashing her fangs to the approaching men. The men backed off an inch, clearly afraid. 

"Hey, its okay. Girl, I got this." He puts a hand behind her ears tugging at its fur softly, leading her back.

Korath picks up the Orb, "How did you know of this?"

"I don't even know what that is. I'm just a junker, man. I was just...just checking stuff out."

"You don't look like a junker. You're wearing Ravager garb!" Peter looked down at his coat. Oopsies, cover blown.

"This is just an outfit, man." To Korath's henchmen who keep prodding him, "Ninja Turtle, you better stop poking me."

"What is your name!"

"My name is Peter Quill, okay? Dude, chill out."

"Move!"

"Why?"

"Ronan may have questions for you." And with that, Korath turns to leave-

"Hey, you know what? There's another name you might know me by." Korath stops and turns back to look at Peter. 

"Star-Lord."

To that, the wolf at his side let out a sound. Was it a snort?

"Who?"

"Star-Lord, man. Legendary outlaw." He looks around when no one reacts. "Guys?"

Korath the shakes himself out of his trance, "Let's move!"

"Oh, forget this." Peter rolls his eyes, then he pulls out his guns shoots the two henchmen and Korath. Then just as he picks up the orb Korath rises, shoots at Peter who manages to miss the hit. 

The wolf pounces on the other two henchmen who try to rise from the ground. She feels the crunch of bones under her weight, and hears the cries of their pain. That should keep them occupied for awhile. 

And before you knew it, the wolf phased into a young lady, in a custom-tailored Ravager Coat.

Peter's boots' thrusters propels him out of the cave, and the lady does likewise. Both then manages to get back to their ship, each in one piece.

As they rocketed off, and plopped down on the pilot seats, they turned to each other and burst into laughter.

"Are you kidding me? Star-Lord? Who were you kidding?"

"You overprotective fool."

"I was saving your majesty's lordly ass!"

...

o. m. g. this is such a great start! better than i thought it would turn out!

i hope yall vote and give lottalotta comments:))